Proto:Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
This page details one or more prototype versions of Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition.
There are a few more builds somewhere out there IIRC.
- 1 January 27, 2012 build (1.66.0033.0)
- 2 February 1, 2012 build (1.66.0035.0)
- 3 March 23, 2012 build (Minecraft XDK Edition 0.66.0054.0)
- 4 March 30, 2012 build (0.66.0062.0) Base Game
January 27, 2012 build (1.66.0033.0)
Are there any more differences?
This build is from a few days before the second build.
- There is an option to refresh the online games list in the world menu. However, doing this will crash the game.
- The Gamma slider is stuck at 0.
February 1, 2012 build (1.66.0035.0)
The Tutorial World has some differences as well.
This build predates the 1st official Title Update by about 3 months.
- Different logo and panorama. The panorama is the same one used in the Minecon 2011 build.
- The panorama goes back and forth, unlike the final version where it endlessly loops.
- The text is a lot blurrier.
- The currently selected button doesn't turn the text yellow.
- No music or sounds play on the menu screen.
- The Pulse effect on the Splash text is more linear, and the Splash Text is not bold.
- The overall design is a lot more simplistic.
- When you select a world, it does not give you the option to change the difficulty.
- There is no "Invite Only" option.
- The loading screen was a lot more simplistic.
- Loading tips were added in a March build shown off at GDC 2012.
- The options are split in two pages in this build. The 2nd page is under the Settings menu. Most of the options on this page were combined together for TU1.
- There are 2 identical controls menus instead of one.
- As before, the design is somewhat different.
- The build number is visible on this page. This build's version is 1.66.0035.0, and TU1's version is 0.66.0086.0.
- Although it does not say in the controls menu, you can change the camera mode and open the players in game list.
- Everything from the three pages is combined together in one in TU1.
- The early crafting menu had an additional category called Weapons.
- The early debug menu has fewer options.
- The buttons for toggle rain and toggle thunder are greyed out, unlike the release.
|Debug Options||Debug Overlay|
The logo uses the Java Edition variant.
The title screen's background panorama is also different.
- The early panorama is a higher resolution.
The screenshot that displays after you finish the tutorial is different.
Find more differences, and add screenshots.
In the tutorial world, the Minecraft logo is behind the tutorial area and higher than in the release version. There is also more trees in the tutorial.
There are a bunch of textures of country flags in the executable that aren't used. These are not present in the final version.
There is also an unused graphic found with the other crafting panels. It has the text "This is just a debug menu" at the top right corner.
Some weird Minecraft-style menu buttons. They could possibly be placeholder graphics.
Some odd-looking crafting buttons that aren't used in the game. As before, they could be placeholder graphics.
There is unused placeholder text for the crafting table item description.
This is some placeholder description text about the craftable item.
March 23, 2012 build (Minecraft XDK Edition 0.66.0054.0)
Find more differences.
This build looks almost exactly like the final build.
- Menu scroll sound is lower pitched.
- Tooltip for unlocking the game states "Unlock the Full Game" instead of "Unlock Full Game".
- Pause Menu is higher.
March 30, 2012 build (0.66.0062.0) Base Game
- This is the base game without any updates, but it dates to about a month before release.
- When the game was released, it received the TU1 day one patch.
- Different crafting icons from TU1.
- Blurry font.
- Menu scroll sound was changed to a higher pitch.
The Minecraft series
|Windows||Java Edition (Prototypes) • Bedrock Edition (Prototype)|
|Mac OS X, Linux||Java Edition (Prototypes)|
|Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One||Bedrock Edition (Prototype)|
|Wii U||Wii U Edition|
|Xbox 360||Xbox 360 Edition (Prototypes)|
|PlayStation 3||PlayStation 3 Edition|
|New Nintendo 3DS||New Nintendo 3DS Edition|
|Windows||Story Mode • Story Mode: Season Two • Dungeons|
|Mac OS X||Story Mode • Story Mode: Season Two|
|Android, iOS||Earth • Dungeons|
|Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One||Dungeons|