QuackShot Starring Donald Duck
|QuackShot Starring Donald Duck|
Also known as: I Love Donald Duck: Guruzia Ou no Hihou (JP)
This game has a notes page
Another addition to the awesome SEGA-developed licensed Disney games, this time featuring Donald Duck on a treasure hunt.
Similar to World of Illusion, there are remnants of a free-movement god mode. This time around, it can only be triggered with Pro Action Replay (PAR) codes FFEE07:00FF (Kega) or FFEE06:00FF (Gens). To cancel it, disable the code and press A + Start.
Donald waving his arm around in-air. Purpose for these is unknown.
Unused variants of jumping and landing sprites with varying levels of foot shading.
One of five frames meant for Donald falling in the intro that gets skipped over in-game, leaving only four getting used.
A short tune. It is unknown where this would have played.
Dual Language Support
Depending on the region of the console, Quackshot will run in Japanese or English. Use the following Cheat Codes to run the game in the required language:
Quackshot (V1.0) 000306:103C - Instruction to load byte to D0. 000308:00?? - Language/Display Value (see Key Values below). 00030A:4E71 - Do Nothing. 00040A:6002 - Skip the Checksum. Key Values: ENG/NTSC = 80 JPN/NTSC = 00 ENG/PAL = C0 JPN/PAL = 40
Various changes were made to the 1.1 revision, mostly optimizing things.
- A space was added between the comma and Dewey's name in the intro text on 1.1.
- In the 1.0 version, hitting Right in the Sound Test goes straight to Mexico rather than Duckburg, this was fixed in 1.1.
- The music for Hideout and The Island were swapped in the Sound Test. On 1.0, Hideout uses the 1.1 Island theme in the first area and changes to the Hideout theme afterwards. On 1.0, The Island instead uses the Room2 theme used in dungeon areas for the whole area.
- Looking at an item closes the item menu afterwards on 1.0, in 1.1 you stay in the menu. Conversely, attempting to call the airplane without standing on a flag closes the menu on 1.1, while 1.0 stays in the menu.
- The sliding doors in Mexico and Egypt have their "Open" byte set as soon they are opened in 1.1, rather than having to wait for them to fully open in order to enter them.
- One of Pete's henchmen was moved forward a bit in the Viking Ship on 1.1.
- Various items were added to the entrance of The Island's dungeon area on 1.1.
The Donald Duck series
|Genesis||QuackShot • World of Illusion (Prototype) • Donald in Maui Mallard|
|Game Gear||The Lucky Dime Caper • Deep Duck Trouble|
|Sega Master System||The Lucky Dime Caper (Prototype) • Deep Duck Trouble|
|SNES||Mickey to Donald: Magical Adventure 3 • Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow|
|Game Boy||Maui Mallard|
|Nintendo 64||Goin' Quackers!|
|Windows||Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow • Goin' Quackers! (Early Demo)|
|Adobe Shockwave||Daisy's Mountain Bike Mayhem • Find Donald • Donald's Pizza Kitchen|
|NES||DuckTales (Prototypes) • DuckTales 2|
|MSX2||The Lucky Dime|
|Game Boy||DuckTales 2|
|NES||Darkwing Duck (Prototype)|
|Game Boy||Darkwing Duck|
|Adobe Shockwave||Megavolt Madness|