Mickey to Donald: Magical Adventure 3
|Mickey to Donald: Magical Adventure 3|
The last game in the Magical Quest series. Never released outside of Japan (not counting its Game Boy Advance port 10 years later, as Disney's Magical Quest 3 Starring Mickey and Donald) because it was too awesome.
- 1 Debug Flag
- 2 Debug Menu #2
- 3 Unused Graphics
- 4 Developer Graphics
- 5 Unused Rooms
Use the Pro Action Replay (PAR) code C0FE0001 to bring up this screen. The debug flag can toggle a variety of features:
Stage Select (01)
Display Position (02)
Disable Music (04)
04: Simply disables music. Sound effects will still play.
Debug Menu (08)
- 1 Player: Starts a game with 1P controlling Mickey.
- 2 Player: Starts a game with 2P controlling Donald.
- 2 Players: Starts a two-player game with 1P controlling Mickey and 2P controlling Donald.
- 1P Left/Right: Manipulate values.
- 1P Up/Down: Choose between options.
- 1P B Button: Starts/stops animations.
- 1P Select: Brings up a VRAM viewer (see below). Unfortunately, the game crashes when exited.
- 2P Start: Toggles Atari_Data. This brings up a flashing box.
- 2P Up/Down: Moves box up/down.
- 2P Left/Right: Changes X value of box, but the actual position of the box does not change.
- 2P B Button + Left/Right: Changes width of box.
- 2P B Button + Up/Down: Changes length of box.
CPU Usage Meter #1 (10)
Free Movement Mode (20)
CPU Usage Meter #2 (40)
Slow Motion (80)
80: Enables slow motion features. Hold R to slow down the game. Press L while in slow motion to freeze the screen.
Debug Menu #2
A second debug menu can be accessed when debug flag 20 is set and Select is pressed. However, for this menu to function properly, SRAM must be enabled. Change 00FFD8 in the ROM from 00 to 04 to enable the appropriate amount of SRAM.
This is a basic VRAM viewer. Press Up/Down to cycle through different chunks, Left/Right to change the current palette, and X to change the palette to a default grayscale scheme. Press Select to exit.
- B Button: Increase selected value.
- Y Button: Decrease selected value.
- A Button: Increase all values in column.
- X Button: Decrease all values in column.
- L/R Buttons: Move color window left/right.
- Select Button: Exit screen.
- B Button: Place tile.
- Y Button: Copy selected tile.
- X Button: Displays data on tiles.
- A Button: Toggles between tile solidity and tile properties.
- Shori Disp: Enables CPU Usage Meter, like debug flag 10.
- 1p/2p Damege: Enables/disables player damage.
- Posi Hyouji: Display the coordinates of both 1P and 2P, like debug flag 02.
- Shori Obj: Enables CPU Usage Meter #2, like debug flag 40.
Identifying numbers for various tilesets are visible in VRAM. Similar to The Great Circus Mystery, G before a number seems to refer to a level tileset as used on stages 1-2, 1-3, 6-2 and 7-6, and ST before a number seems to reference a boss tileset as used for the stage 7-7 King Pete boss.
Standard debug room. This is room 00 in the room select. The brown tiles scattered throughout the area don't seem to have any function, and the green lines act like vines. Interestingly, this room uses block graphics from The Great Circus Mystery!
Unused Level 4 Room
Room 59. This is a different version of the room used for the Stage 4 ending scene. Unfortunately, it doesn't work properly -- the player will be pushed back to the first screen before they get a chance to jump off the ship.
The only other difference is that the version used in the game is more compressed.
The Donald Duck series
|Genesis||QuackShot • World of Illusion (Prototype) • Donald in Maui Mallard|
|Game Gear||The Lucky Dime Caper • Deep Duck Trouble|
|Sega Master System||The Lucky Dime Caper (Prototype) • Deep Duck Trouble|
|SNES||Mickey to Donald: Magical Adventure 3 • Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow|
|Game Boy||Maui Mallard|
|Nintendo 64||Goin' Quackers!|
|Windows||Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow • Goin' Quackers! (Early Demo) • DuckWorld Smart Adventures|
|Adobe Shockwave||Daisy's Mountain Bike Mayhem • Find Donald • Donald's Pizza Kitchen|
|NES||DuckTales (Prototypes) • DuckTales 2|
|Game Boy||DuckTales • DuckTales 2|
|MSX2||The Lucky Dime|
|NES||Darkwing Duck (Prototype)|
|Game Boy||Darkwing Duck|
|Adobe Shockwave||Megavolt Madness|