Tales of Vesperia (Xbox 360)
|Tales of Vesperia|
Namco Tales Studio
Please upload a picture of the title screen of the correct resolution.
The Xbox 360 version of Tales of Vesperia was funded by Microsoft (among many other J-RPGs, shooters, and fighting games) as a console exclusive, as their system was less popular outside the US and practically dead in Japan.
Namco Bandai later released the infamous Japan-exclusive PlayStation 3 version that was more of a complete remake than an enhanced port. This was motivated by disappointing Japanese sales, as was the case with Symphonia. The PS3 content would finally receive a worldwide release in the form of Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC in 2019.
All of these are functional, and in fact were included in the PS3 version.
- Skewers (みそおでん in the PS3 version) - "A variety of grilled meat and vegetables. Restores a large amount of HP and TP."
- Steak (ステーキ in the PS3 version) - "A slice of sirloin steak grilled to perfection! Increases Attack greatly."
- Seafood Stew (ちゃんちゃん焼き in the PS3 version) - "Eaten by fishermen out at sea. Full of nutrients and goodness from the ocean. Increases P. Defense greatly." Its effects are those of ちゃんちゃん焼き, but the stats (ingredients, Party members hating it, etc.) are those of 漁師なべ.
- Beef Stew - "A savory meal made with chunks of beef and vegetables. Increases Agility greatly for a fair amount of time."
- Dog Food - "Um...dogs seem to find this tasty." It requires no ingredients, but has the same effects as failing a recipe.
- Holy Bottle 2: Same description as the normal Holy Bottle. There seems to be no difference in the effect, other than the white aura (or whatever) becoming yellow.
The Xbox Live items are on the disc and function as intended:
- 300,000 Gald (4) - Same as the first three.
- Lv. UP + 10 (3) and Lv. UP + 10 (4) - Both the same as the first two.
- 10,000 Chips - "Use this at a certain place to receive 10,000 chips." Like it says, it gives you 10,000 chips.
- Herb Set - "A variety of herbs to improve character status." It gives you 10 each of Sage, Savory, Lavender, Verbena, Chamomile, Basil, Saffron plus five each of Red Sage, Red Savory, Red Lavender, Red Verbena, Red Chamomile, Red Basil, and Red Saffron.
There are 10 Xbox Live items for titles for each one of the characters left as placeholders. Some of them function but require DLC to work, or else using them just unlocks a blank title slot. They are named "[Name]'s Bonus Title ##" and their description is "Additional title for [Name]". Where [Name] is the respective character's name, and ## is a number from 1 to 10.
- Best Friends - "Rita's dear friend. A friendship that will last until the end of time."
- Mysterious Maiden - "Dummy data." (This is the title for the dress she wears at the beginning of the game.)
- Researcher For Life - "You devote yourself to train in the art of magic. There's no time to think about anything else!"
- Estelle's Best Friend - "Estelle's best friend. You may complain at times, but you mean no harm."
A list of all enemies can be found in the game's files. These are the unused ones despite some of them having the same names as used enemies. Most of these can been seen through save file hacking but their stats have yet to be found.
- Knight Fencer H
- Knight Fencer K (the purple knights used by Cumore)
- Knight Warrior H (the light-green knights; the H probably stands for Heurassein)
- Knight Warrior F
- Knight Warrior K
- Knight Warrior S
- Knight Halberd K
- Knight Halberd S
- Knight Lancer H
- Knight Lancer F
- Knight Lancer K
- Filifolia Mutant (the only thing that matches up with this is the seeds from Filifolia Puff)
- Heavy Bear (looks like a Skinny or Grimza; has claws like Wrath Nail)
- Giant Beetle
- Goliath (does not have the power glow)
- Gattuso Cub
- Karolow X
Yuri, Rira, and Estel have recorded lines for the second PS3-exclusive Mystic Artes. It is worth noting, however, that every attack by anything in the game is treated like an Arte. They can be added to any playable character's Artes list but can not be used, including unused Artes that belong to the character.
Greyed out skills can still be selected.
- Stinger Blow - "Occasionally paralyzes enemy with normal attack."
- Double Hit (grayed-out) - "A single hit will inflict two times the damage."
- Supporter (grayed-out) - "An inactive ally joins the battle briefly and attack with Azure Edge."
- Magic Support (grayed-out) - "Inactive allies will occasionally cast a spell from outside the battlefield."
- Arrow Support (grayed-out) - "An inactive ally will occasionally fire arrows from outside the battlefield."
- Vertical Slash (grayed-out) - "Turns the attack after an Aerial Jump into a Dragon Buster."
- Aerial Support (grayed-out) - " An inactive ally will momentarily decend from mid-air to attack an enemy."
- Tensed Charge (grayed-out) - "Increases attack speed by 30% when HP is extremely low."
- Shine (grayed-out) - "Occasionally stuns an enemy during Over Limit."
- Team Work - "After using a Mystic Arte, all party member will become Super Armed for 5 seconds."
- Magic Guard 2 - "Extend the guard effect by holding the button during a Magic Guard. Consumes TP."
- Lion Heart (grayed-out) - "Greatly increases resistance for all negative status effects."
- Cure Area (grayed-out) - "Allies near Flynn automatically recovers from status effects occasionally."
- Guard Attack (grayed-out) - "Cancels guard and performs a normal attack."
- Over Reaction (grayed-out) - "At taking damage, press the attack button to be knocked downed. Nullifies all attack while knocked to ground. Used to escape from combo attacks. Recovers automatically." Strangely, the description is actually all on one line.
- Shield (grayed-out) - "Occasionally nullifies a physical attack."
- Magic Shield (grayed-out) - "Occasionally nullifies a spell sttack."
- Devotion (grayed-out) - "Receive half the damage of a nearby ally during battle."
- Energy Coat (grayed-out) - "Reduces damage of a physical attack. Consumes TP for every hit received."
- Spell Cancel - "Press the guard button while casting to cancel the spell."
- Shield Charge (grayed-out) - "Press the attack button at the right timing to repel attack when defending with a shield."
- Standing Guard - "Guard temporarily after standing up." This is found at the bottom of the -All- list, after the Support Skills.
- Shadow Striker (grayed-out) - "Increases speed when attacking an enemy from the back."
- Circlet Heal (grayed-out) - "During Over Limit, Free Run to create a circle on the field. Members within the circle will recover HP."
- High Five (grayed-out) - "Occasionally, party members will high five each other on the battle result screen."
- Linkage (grayed-out) - "During Over Limit, connect party members with a ring to move together during Free Run."
- OVL Boost Area (grayed-out) - "The speed of the OVL gauge fills up according to the number of allies near Flynn during battle."
- S. Spell Area (grayed-out) - "Decreases casting time when near Flynn during battle."
- Shooter's Position (grayed-out) - "Take position by pressing the guard button twice. Attack power will increase. Press the guard button twice again to cancel."
- Quick Arrow 2 (grayed-out) - "Decreases amount of time needed to fire an arrow, but power decreases. Limited to normal attacks only."
- Item Support (grayed-out) - "Standby allies occasionally uses items on active allies from outside the battlefield."
- Rally (grayed-out) - "Standby characters will occasionally cheer on allies. Slightly fills the OVL gauge."
- Training LP (grayed-out) - "Characters on standby will receive the same amount of LP as active allies."
- Easy Finish (grayed-out) - "Extends the FB frame duration, but bonus is reduced."
- Advanced Finish (grayed-out) - "Shortens the FB frame duration, but bonus is increased."
- Heal Support (grayed-out) - "Standby allies will occasionally use heal magic on active allies."
- Imitation Voice (grayed-out) - "Says Yuri's lines after winning a battle."
- HP Relax - "Recovers HP gradually by not doing anything in battle."
- Lunge Weakness (grayed-out) - "Occasionally, a standby ally will appear on the battlefield and use a weakening type arte on enemy."
- Target Spark (grayed-out) - "Receive extra EXP for defeating enemy while targeted by the entire enemy group."
- Balfour (grayed-out) - "Returns spear to another dimension after battle."
- Concentration (grayed-out) - "Increases concentration by 10." This seems to be for an unused stat.
- TP Support (grayed-out) - "TP consumption split with Flynn when using base artes near him during battle."
- Anger (grayed-out) - "All parameters increases when an ally is KO. Parameters returns to normal once revived."
- No Artes Plus (grayed-out) - "Increases EXP earned for allies finishing battle without using any base or arcane artes."
- No Escape (grayed-out) - "Occasionally prevents enemy from escaping."
- OVL Support (grayed-out) - "If Flynn in on standby, he will cheer from outside the battlefield, boosting the Over Limit gauge."
- OVL Relax - "Fills the OVL gauge gradually by not doing anything in battle."
- Eternity - "Changes certain artes to another kind."
Unused Party Members
Patty Fleur, the PS3-exclusive primary party member, is referenced in the coding of the Xbox 360 version.
Flynn and Repede can both be set as party leaders in the Xbox 360 version. Flynn is fully animated with the exception of not having an RB animation. Repede is not fully animated. Animations such as opening doors, using the Sorcerer's Ring, or jumping are either glitched or missing. The ability to use ladders is disabled and no on-screen prompt is given.
The Tales series
|SNES||Tales of Phantasia|
|PlayStation||Tales of Destiny • Tales of Phantasia • Tales of Destiny II|
|Game Boy Color||Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon|
|Game Boy Advance||Tales of Phantasia • Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3|
|GameCube||Tales of Symphonia|
|PlayStation 2||Tales of Symphonia • Tales of Legendia • Tales of the Abyss|
|PlayStation 3||Tales of Xillia • Tales of Xillia 2|
|Nintendo DS||Tales of the Tempest • Tales of Innocence • Tales of Hearts • Keroro RPG|
|PlayStation Portable||Tales of Eternia • Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology • Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 • Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X|
|Xbox 360||Tales of Vesperia|
|Wii||Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World|
|iOS||Tales of Phantasia|
|Windows||Tales of Berseria|