Hey, this is my talk page. Feel free to leave a message if you want. :)
- 2011-12 (Just be warned that I was pretty young and stupid at the time; not proud of it.)
Ellipses II: The Dottening
Alright. We actually went over this back in 2018, but I never got a proper answer to my question. So, I ask for a second time: what's the deal with you constantly changing all ellipsis symbols (…) to trios of periods? Is there some rule in the Manual of Style that I missed, somewhere? If so, why doesn't that apply to en dashes (–) which, under similar logic, would be converted to double-hyphens or a single dash? I know there's a expected level of professionalism when editing Wiki pages. I learned that the hard way from contributing to Wikipedia. But, WarioBarker? Wiki pages aren't manuscripts, and this sure-as-heck isn't Chicago.
So, if there's something that I legitimately missed in the site rules, or there's some stubborn reason you keep doing this, I'd like to see/hear it. This is important to me.
- Honestly...it's really just personal preference, as I've always used the three-periods version on other sites and in my personal files. There's also the fact I edit from a mobile device which doesn't allow me to insert the ellipsis symbols via the onscreen keyboard, though yes I can use copy-paste.
- As for the en dashes, single dashes are again personal preference, though admittedly I've overlooked a few instances. I used to use en dashes on other sites and double-hyphens in my personal files, but eventually I began not liking how they looked and switched to single dashes.
- I get that my style isn't to everyone's taste, so I'll stop messing with the ellipses and en dashes. -WarioBarker (talk) 14:48, 12 June 2020 (UTC)
- Hey, man. Just because I got on your case (twice) about it doesn't mean you should stop doing things your way. There's no rule about this stuff, either way, and it's not like you're doing it to spite anyone. If you prefer individual periods and simple dashes, keep doing it that way! I will always concede to grammatical edits like that because, like with you, I have my own preferences. Besides, " …" and "…" are a fair bit longer than "..." in an HTML file. ;)
- Super-thanks for the answer! I was hoping it was something reasonable, and it totally was~
- ~ Jo Li (Info|Chat|Edits) 22:56, 12 June 2020 (UTC)
Your Zombieville 1997 Edits (from 03/02/21)
I've noticed that you've made some edits to my Zombieville 1997 entry, particularly here: https://tcrf.net/index.php?title=Zombieville_(1997)/Oddities&diff=prev&oldid=896384
I wanted to say thanks for your help! I appreciate it!
Hot Wheels World Race
Can you fix the grammar errors on the page? I know I made a lot of errors and it looks very sloppy.