Yo-kai Watch 4
|Yo-kai Watch 4|
Also known as: Yo-kai Watch 4++ (JP rerelease/CN)
This game has a prerelease article
Yo-kai Watch 4 is the fourth entry in the series, now with a complete graphical overhaul and bigger focus on combat and plot rather than discovery while also being released on a console. Depending on who you ask, they either call it an unfinished amalgamation of a game or a fresher take on the formula that was already established, as well as a much more serious plot. An expanded version, Yo-kai Watch 4++, was released in December 2019 and also contained a new multiplayer mode.
So much to do.
- 1 Sub-Pages
- 2 Unused Graphics
- 3 Unused Geometry
- 4 Unused Items
- 5 Unused Sounds
- 6 Oddities
- 7 Revisional Changes
Xbox and PC Controller Buttons
There are some unused PC and Xbox One controller button graphics, despite them not being announced for a release on either of those systems.
Outer Uptown Springdale Areas
The collision for the roads leading to Blossom Heights, Downtown Springdale and Breezy Hills can be walked on, leftover from the previous Yo-kai Watch games.
If one goes southwest further out of bounds in the district, one can find some unused geometry placed near what appears to be Shopper's Row, facing the railroad tracks leading to Downtown Springdale. It may have been there to test the low-poly draw distance.
Through the expansive array of items Yo-kai Watch 4 has to offer, some new unused items have shown up in Version 2.2.0, which was likely intended for link with Waiwai Gakuen Seikatsu.
Unused Victory Jingle
A jingle called "xxx" can be found, which was originally used in early footage.
Internal Playable Character Number
There are two for unknown other playable characters exist in the internal coding, as well as Katie significantly being placed last. Considering Yo-kai Watch 4 strictly focused on Shadowside early in development, Natsume, Touma and Akinori may have been placed first and Shin being placed after may have been an extension of the game's plot (as Forever Friends expands on the whole lore of Soranaki).
Two unused entries are placed after Nate, whom are unknown but one of them is likely Hailey Anne who was previously playable in Yo-kai Watch 3. Katie was also notably a late addition. In a later update, Jinpei Jiba was placed on the list as the ninth Watcher.
The version used for pre-release material.
The version used for retail and launch after its pushed back release date.
Released on June 27, 2019. Downloading the update will reward the Gacha Coin and the One-Star Coin.
- Fixed a bug involving the Chapter 3 Quest "Play At Midnight" getting the player locked out of the time-travelling doors.
- One of the lines said by Haruya Sakami were changed in Chapter 3 in the Ver.1.1.1. update.
|Ver.1.0.0 - Ver.1.1.0||Ver.1.1.1+|
|ヘぇ... 面白いヤツらだね。||フッ... 変わった子だね。|
Released on July 10, 2019. Downloading the update will give the player a free One-Star Coin, Five-Star Coin and Gasha Coin.
- A new character named Jiba Jinpei is introduced, where scanning his Yo-kai Ark will allow the player to complete a then-exclusive sidequest. It would later be freely available in the update coinciding the 4++ expansion.
- That said, he notoriously has a lot more animations hidden in the files.
- Sighborg Y was added as a befriendable Yo-kai, unlockable via a code.
Released in July 2019.
- Bug fixes.
It was released in August 9th, 2019.
- A new arena was added to the Past Yo-kai World that can be fought in and accessed after beating the main storyline.
- 18 new befriendable Yo-kai have been added, as well as Boss Yo-kai Raidenryuu.
- The Yo-kai Yamakasa is introduced, where following it at nighttime will drop rare items.
Released in August 2019.
- Bug fixes.
Released on October 8, 2019.
- This update notably adds data of the Yo-kai found in the then-upcoming 4++ expansion.
- McKraken is added as a befriendable Yo-kai for those who bought Yo-kai Watch 1 for Nintendo Switch.
Released on December 5, 2019, as well as being re-released as the 4++ expansion.
- Chinese-language support is added.
- The Forester house is added as an enterable interior in Uptown Springdale.
- Curiously, the credits for the five English localisation team members were removed in favor of the Chinese language localizers.
Released in April 2020.
- Three new items were added, which were the Blue Moon Staff, Sky Snaker Guitar and the Overdrive Helmet. Those are likely intended to be unlocked with owning a copy of Yo-kai Watch Jam: Yo-kai Gakuen Y Waiwai Gakuen Seikatsu.
The Yo-kai Watch series
|Nintendo 3DS||Yo-kai Watch • Yo-kai Watch 2 • Yo-kai Watch 3|
Yo-kai Watch Blasters
|Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4||Yo-kai Watch 4|
|iOS/Android||Yo-kai Watch: Wibble Wobble|