Days of Thunder (NES, Beam Software)
|Days of Thunder|
This game has a hidden developer message.
The NES Days of Thunder is a NES port of a game based on the Tom Cruise movie of the same name. Not to be confused with the unreleased prototype version that was developed in-house at Mindscape.
At the title screen, when "PRESS START TO PLAY" is displayed, hold A, press B 4 times, release A, hold A, press B one time, release A, hold A, press B 26 times, release A, hold A, press B 5 times, and release A.
This cheat code stands for "DAZE" (a homophone of "days"), where the first set of Bs represent D, the second set represents A, and so on. After A is pressed, a "GALERY" will appear. Alternatively, use Game Genie code AEOULYLA to enter the gallery when the game starts. (The code works with US and European versions and affects PRG ROM address 1579b.)
There are a total of nine screens, all of which contain quickly-drawn pictures of the game developers. Pressing A will advance to the next one.
- "Trevor" is Trevor Nuridin, who had previously programmed Beam's Back to the Future. You're welcome.
- "Andrew 1" is Andrew Bailey, who would later go on to program Beam's SNES sound driver.
- "Carl" is Carl Muller, who would later go on to program Probe Software's SNES sound driver.
- "Parrish" is Parrish Heywood. His only other credit in a game was for Nightshade, as well as a Special Thanks mention in the SNES version of MechWarrior.
- "Gary" is Gary Liddon, who later moved to Probe Software as a programmer.
- "Andrew 2" is Andrew Carter, who was usually credited for production and programming.
- "Jamie" is Jamie Rivett, another programmer for Beam.