Proto:Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page details one or more prototype versions of Double Dragon II: The Revenge (NES).
A prototype of Double Dragon II: The Revenge.
|This article is a work in progress.|
...Well, all the articles here are, in a way. But this one moreso, and the article may contain incomplete information and editor's notes.
The prototype title screen says "SAMPLE VERSION" underneath the logo.
- Some debug cheats are enabled. In game hold Select on the first controller then press the following buttons on controller one: A to skip current level, B kill all current enemies and advance to next point, Up or Down to kill one nearest enemy at front or back side.
- There are infinite lives. The counter goes down like normal but when it reaches 0 the game won't end after dying..
- Between continues there is the option to change difficulty settings (and switch between the 1- and 2-players modes)
- The screen after the start screen says “Double Dragon” without the “II”.
- The ceiling spikes don’t injure you when you jump into them
- You can do jumping knee rams under spikes and your life meter won’t go down.
- The helicopter doesn’t shoot at you (Easy).
- The fortress tank doesn’t vent steam at you.
- Antagonists become progressively tougher.
- There are no disappearing platforms or falling fire on “Easy,” likewise with “Medium”.
- “Difficult” has fast disappearing platforms.
- The wheels move faster on “Difficult than “Medium”.
- No spikes fly up in the wheel room on “Easy”.