Touhou Kaikidan: Mystic Square
|Touhou Kaikidan ~ Mystic Square|
Mystic Square is the 5th game in the Touhou series, and the last one for PC-98. This entry introduced more series staples, such as collecting items to get extra lives, and being able to play Stage 6 and get the good ending on Easy difficulty.
Also houses a Music Room that not only includes the main soundtrack, but also the soundtracks of the previous three games, given the additional subtitle of SPECIAL MIX and additional unused tracks that weren't in those three games (Dreamy pilot, Border Land, and Crescent Dream from Lotus Land Story SPECIAL MIX were mentioned in name in the trial version of Lotus Land Story music room, but their descriptions weren't accessible in-game). Oh, and the first game's music has been arranged (barring Shrine of the Wind).
|CONG1.PI (Unused)||UDE.PI (Used)|
CONG1.PI can be found inside 怪綺談1.DAT, and is almost visually similar to UDE.PI (which is used in the game).
v1.01 fixed a bug with the staff roll. Figure out how to cause said bug and what the effects look like.
An update patch was released on February 11, 1999.
- Adds "Version 1.01" to the title screen:
- Fixes a typo regarding the total number of collected point item bonus in the manual.
- Fixes a bug that occurred during the staff roll in v1.00.
- Fixes a rollover bug with point items going over 255 in one stage.
- Increases the maximum amount of point items that can be collected in one stage from 255 to 999.
The following text can be found in UPDATE.TXT in KAIKI101.LZH.:
99/02/04 Version 1.01
Feb 4, 1999, Version 1.01