Bouken Jidai Katsugeki Goemon
|Bouken Jidai Katsugeki Goemon|
The Goemon entry known more for the fact that Working Designs tried to localize it than anything else, this game was another offering during the period when Konami was restructuring and trying (apparently) to rebrand the franchise. They would try again one final time after this game with the Future Goemon series on PSX and GBA.
More debug related stuff to enable.
A decent sized debug menu remains in this game. Unfortunately, not a lot of options work anymore. It can be activated with the code below.
Master Code (For an actual PS2 only) 90378200 0C0DE028 Enable Debug Menu At Boot 204403E0 00201380
Debug Menu Options:
- MAIN doesn't appear to work.
- STAGE SELECT loads a blank screen. This can be properly accessed in the Kawahara option.
- LOAD would allow you to select a save file to load. It doesn't work from here, however.
- Yamamoto rolls the end credits.
- Noguchi puts you in the beginning of the game, although you can't move at all.
- Honoda appears to throw you into a dungeon.
- Higayashima sends you to a test map.
- Nakayama loads a blank screen.
- Kamio puts you in the beginning of the game, although you can't move at all.
- Kawahara sends you to a sub menu.
- Kim appears to throw you into a dungeon.
- Takahasi appears to throw you into a dungeon.
- M.S doesn't appear to work.
- Ooyama softlocks the game.
- Ohara softlocks the game.
- Yamaken throws you into a sub menu.
- SDTest is the very bottom option. This allows you to play all SFX, voices and music here.
- BG Hit throws you into the same test map as the Higayashima option from the main debug menu.
- Effect throws you into the same test map as the Higayashima option from the main debug menu. It also displays another debug menu on-screen but it appears you cannot move it.
- Map sends you into the level select menu.
- PadControl sends you into the level select menu. After selecting any option here, it will display some debug info on-screen afterwords which does not appear to work.
The options Item 1, Item 2 and Item 3 send you to some sort of shop, however when entering the map you will fall through the floor.
Selecting the first option crashes the game. The second option sends you back to the main debug menu.
This menu allows you to play all the music, sounds and voices in the game. You will need to find and load each bank in order for certain music and sounds to play using the Load option since this game uses sequenced music.
Various test and unused maps can be entered via the Kawahara debug option then entering Map from there.
modeltest00b & modeltest00a
A black void of nothing.
This is the same test map as the Higayashima option from the main debug menu.
Probably sends you to a forest test map, however you spawn really far off from the map and fall in an endless loop.
This appears to be a dungeon test area. You cannot fall out of bounds here. There is also no exits.
Upon entering here there will be some sound effects playing of what sounds to be sword swinging. There is also a random door here that leads nowhere and a very long road that appears to be endless.