Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PlayStation)
|Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets|
This game has unused areas.
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
There is probably more leftover content from the first game present, the cutscenes with Voldermort and various strings in the game code when viewed with cheat engine give me this impression, I wouldn't know how to access it though, if someone with more knowledge would look into it that'd be best. Need to get screenshots of both areas, will do it soon.
The video game adaptation of the movie of the same name. This obviously means it's a sequel to the prior game, which was also based on the movie of the same name. Now with significantly less horror elements and fewer over-exaggerated yells of FLIPENDO!
Hogwarts Grounds during winter
Normally during winter at Hogwarts, you are taken to the grounds outside Hagrid's hut for a brief cutscene then taken straight to the area immediately outside the Quidditch pitch. Despite only being able to see a little of the areas surrounding Hagrid's hut, the entire thing has been modeled, including a redundant path filled with poisonous snails leading to the Quidditch pitch.
Entering any of the secret passages causes Harry to fall into the top of the map where he entered the passage. However, even more interestingly, the area around the Herbology classroom is also present with a winter makeover, unused due to the game not allowing you to go in. This section is relatively complete, only lacking voice files and entrances to the classrooms.
Entering the pathway to the Quidditch training grounds will put the player into that area, only during summer. Any attempts to enter the grounds after this result in the player being sent to the summer version, halting progress forever.
Unused room and cutscene during Potions class
The player's controls are usually locked during Potions class, preventing them from entering the room present in the first game. This room is fully intact in the sequel, and the cutscenes with Voldemort trapping Harry exist as well, albeit ending before Harry is sent through the floor to the storeroom.
The game contains eight little known cheat codes that can be enabled by inputting sequences of buttons on the Main Menu whilst holding L1.
- 500 Beans - Square, Square, Circle, Square, Left, Right, Circle, Square. Pressing L1 in the Pause Menu/Folio Magi/Report Card will set the current Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans count to 500 (regardless of how many the player has).
- Restore Health - Square, Circle, Square, Circle, Up, Down, Left, Right. Pressing L1 in the Pause Menu/Folio Magi/Report Card will restore the health meter to full (works in all gameplay mode).
- Unlock Quidditch League - Square, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right, Circle. Unlocks the Quidditch League mode.
- Increased Spell Damage - Left, Right, Left, Down, Circle, Square, Down, Up. The charged Flipendo Knockback Jinx and Incendio spells inflict more damage on opponents/enemies.
- Triple Flipendo - Up, Down, Left, Down, Square, Square, Left, Right. During duels, the charged Flipendo Knockback Jinx will instead shoot three powerful projectiles when used, similar to the red special jinx pickup.
- Reveal Secret Passages - Down, Down, Left, Down, Square, Circle, Up, Left. Almost all secret passage entrances (such as bookshelves) will flash white. The only exceptions are a few that are directly pointed out to the player through dialogue/cutscenes.
- View Credits - Down, Left, Down, Right, Circle, Circle, Square, Square. Loads and displays the credits sequence.
- Flying Harry - Up, Down, Up, Down, Circle, Circle, Up, Down - Removes the flying Ford Anglia on the Main Menu and replaces it with Harry on a broomstick.
|The Harry Potter series|
|Windows, Mac OS Classic, Mac OS X||Sorcerer's Stone • Chamber of Secrets (Prototype)|
|Windows||Prisoner of Azkaban • LEGO Years 1-4 • LEGO Years 5-7|
|Wii||LEGO Years 1-4 • LEGO Years 5-7|
|PlayStation||Sorcerer's Stone • Chamber of Secrets|
|PlayStation 2||Sorcerer's Stone • Quidditch World Cup|
|PlayStation 3||LEGO Years 1-4|
|PlayStation Portable||LEGO Years 1-4|
|Nintendo 3DS||LEGO Years 5-7|
|PlayStation Vita||LEGO Years 5-7|
|GameCube||Sorcerer's Stone • Chamber of Secrets|
|Game Boy Color||Sorcerer's Stone • Chamber of Secrets|
|Game Boy Advance||Sorcerer's Stone • Prisoner of Azkaban • Goblet of Fire • Quidditch World Cup|