Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Game Boy Advance)
|Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban|
This game has unused areas.
This game has a notes page
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban seems to be based off its Game Boy Color predecessor, including some unused data from that game.
Pressing the B button on the main debug menu will return to the title screen.
- Map Select - Allows you to spawn at any map in the game, including the test ones below. This option will use the settings chosen under the Character Level and Quest Select and Party Member Select sub-menus.
- Character Level and Quest Select - Allows you to modify the levels of Harry, Ron, and Hermione, as well as the current quest. The levels for each character go from 0 to 99, while the Current Quest setting goes from 0 to 26. When exiting this menu, the A button will confirm changes, while the B button will discard them.
- Party Member Select - Allows you to change the Lead Hero as well as the Second Follow and Third Follow characters. Unlike the above menu, both the A and B buttons will save the settings and exit the sub-menu.
- Possible characters are: Muggle Harry, Muggle Hermione, Muggle Ron, Muggle Harry Lumos, Muggle GBC (Harry from its Game Boy Color predecessor) Harry, Robed Harry, Robed Hermione, Robed Ron, Buckbeak, and None.
- The game will let you select the same character in multiple slots. Battles will freeze if there are no heroes in them (i.e. your party consists of only Buckbeak(s)), and the game will graphically glitch or reset if all character slots are set to None.
- Test Sound and Music - Play any of the sound effects (numbered 0 to 178) or music tracks (numbered 0 to 51) from the game.
- View Collector's Cards - Use the D-Pad to flip through all of the Collector's Cards in some sort of almost-numerical order.
- View Portraits - Use the D-Pad to flip through all the character portraits. Going past the left and right bounds causes graphical glitches, eventually looping back to the other side of the portrait list.
Check for some unused quests, possibly outline them? Also make sure nothing was left out here.
There are some error messages starting at hex address 0x60555.
Error: Send Overrun Error: Recv Overrun Error: Recv CRC Error: Recv Missing Packet Error: Invalid Mode Error: Invalid Command Error: Timeout Error: Game Code Recv Error: Game Code Send Error: None
There are build dates hidden in the game at 0x06BFC4 in the US version and at 0x06BF34 in the Japanese version.
|Apr 12 2004||Apr 5 2004|
Five maps make up the test room. They are titled Diagon Alley Test Map 1 through 5. These maps can be accessed through the Map Select function of the debug menu. Despite the name, there are no features of Diagon Alley in the levels. These maps are linked horizontally and in numerical order. Each room has unique sprites. Any sprites with walking animations walk in a continuous loop. The encounters vary by room, many of them being bosses. Interestingly, the HP of the bosses is displayed as its actual value, while in game boss HP is displayed as being unknown.
In this minigame, Harry has to play a version of the arcade game Tapper (But he serves Pumpkin Juice instead of Budweiser). The sprites for the "customers" are randomized every time the minigame is started. The customers will move towards Harry slowly. Once a sprite reaches the end of the table, it's game over. Controls: Use Up/Down to move between the three tables. Press A to fill and slide a glass of Pumpkin Juice along the current table. There is no function for receiving Pumpkin Juice, so the glass slides past the sprites and falls to the ground. This results in a YOU LOSE notification. Pressing the L button at any time brings Harry to the center table, where he drinks a glass of Pumpkin Juice and throws the empty glass on the ground, giving Harry 400 points. This results in a LEVEL PASSED notification.
- To access these screens, use Action Replay/GameShark code 3003F18:00XX, XX being the number for the screen.
- 19: Debug Menu - main
- 1F: Debug Menu - map select
- 20: Debug Menu - character level and quest select
- 21: Debug Menu - sound test
- 22: Debug Menu - view collector cards
- 23: Debug Menu - view portraits (there are some unused ones)
- 24: Unused minigame (Seen above)
- 25: Unused Hogwarts map screen (looks similar to the one in the Game Boy Color game, but the maps are replaced with just numbers; also displays your current (?) quest)
- 27: "Cool train cut-scene here" placeholder image
- 29: Tamagochi-like owl minigame (unlocked through GameCube connectivity)
- 2A: Debug menu - character select
- 33: Harry vs 4 Dementors (alternate version of boggart mini-game (Used in story mode ONLY))
For more, see the notes for this game.
Unused Dialogue Icons
The characters were intended to have multiple portraits, to explain their emotions during their dialogues like in the GBC games.
The Harry Potter series
|Windows, Mac OS Classic, Mac OS X||Sorcerer's Stone • Chamber of Secrets (Prototype)|
|Game Boy Color||Sorcerer's Stone • Chamber of Secrets|
|Game Boy Advance||Sorcerer's Stone • Prisoner of Azkaban • Goblet of Fire • Quidditch World Cup|
|PlayStation||Sorcerer's Stone • Chamber of Secrets|
|GameCube||Sorcerer's Stone • Chamber of Secrets • Prisoner of Azkaban • Goblet of Fire|
|PlayStation 2||Sorcerer's Stone • Quidditch World Cup • Goblet of Fire|
|Windows||Prisoner of Azkaban • Goblet of Fire • LEGO Years 1-4 • LEGO Years 5-7|
|Xbox||Goblet of Fire|
|Wii||LEGO Years 1-4 • LEGO Years 5-7|
|PlayStation 3||LEGO Years 1-4|
|PlayStation Portable||LEGO Years 1-4|
|Nintendo 3DS||LEGO Years 5-7|
|PlayStation Vita||LEGO Years 5-7|
|iOS, Android||Wizards Unite|