James Bond 007: NightFire (Windows)
|James Bond 007: NightFire|
James Bond 007: NightFire features Pierce Brosnan in an action-packed adventure, where he prominently uses x-ray specs to view women's lingerie.
Since the game was built on a modified version of GoldSrc, it features a debug console very similar to many early Valve games. To activate the console, follow these steps:
1. Create a shortcut to Bond.exe
2. Right-click this shortcut, and select Properties
3. Add +console 1 to the end of the target and click OK
The target should look similar to this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Nightfire\Bond.exe" +console 1 -sv_cheats 1
Now load up any level, and press the tilde (~) button to bring up the console. Pressing the tilde button again closes the console. Then use any of the following commands:
- god - God mode; no damage taken.
- impulse 101 - Gives the player all weapons (or at least it tries to). The player can only carry four guns at once, so the first four are given. Some grenades, a briefcase turret, and the space gun are also given. Pressing backspace in-game while cheats are enabled achieves the same thing.
- noclip - Allows the player to fly around maps. Certain key items and all people are invisible when the player is out of bounds. If the player warps to a new map while noclip is enabled, they will not be able to move. Loading another map with the console can fix this issue.
- notarget - Makes the player invisible to enemies. This one is a bit buggy, and doesn't work all the time.
- map - Loads a specific map. Usage: map M1_AUSTRIA01
It should be noted that some commands will not work when loading a save file. To fix this, simply load a new map.
Development Related Text
When warping to a new map with noclip enabled, this message appears in the console:
Can't savegame with a dead player.
Some extra space in this chest texture was skillfully labelled as GLORIOUS WASTED SPACE.
There are multiple copies of this texture. They're named default_envmap_back, default_envmap_bottom, default_envmap_front, default_envmap_left, default_envmap_right, and default_envmap_top. This image can also be found in Half-Life: Blue Shift.
These two textures (aptly named howto01 and howto02) describe how to get through the Power Station area.
The main theme used for the opening credits and menu is a short, remixed edit of a four-minute song. The song is called Nearly Civilized, and was written specifically for the game by singer-songwriter Esthero. A slightly longer variant of the song can be found online.
|Original Song (frontend_full.ogg)||Final Loop (frontend_ectest.ogg)|
Among the files is a logo for Gearbox Software. This does not play at all, however.
|The James Bond series|
|Atari 2600||James Bond 007|
|Oric||007: Dangereusement Vôtre|
|NES||James Bond Jr. (John Smith: Special Agent Prototype)|
|Sega Master System||James Bond 007: The Duel|
|SNES||James Bond Jr.|
|Genesis||James Bond 007: The Duel|
|Game Boy||James Bond 007|
|PlayStation||Tomorrow Never Dies • The World Is Not Enough • 007 Racing|
|Nintendo 64||GoldenEye 007 • The World Is Not Enough|
|PlayStation 2||From Russia with Love|
|PlayStation Portable||From Russia with Love|
|Nintendo DS||Quantum of Solace • GoldenEye 007 • Blood Stone|