007: Tomorrow Never Dies
|007: Tomorrow Never Dies|
Black Ops Entertainment
This game has unused areas.
This game has a bugs page
This game has a prerelease article
Tomorrow Never Dies is a PlayStation video game based on the 1997 movie of the same name. Having been made in the wake of the stellar GoldenEye on Nintendo 64, the series strayed from the FPS format, though they would return to it in The World Is Not Enough.
- 1 Unused Graphics
- 2 Multiplayer Mode
- 3 Debugging Functions
- 4 Hidden selection
- 5 Unused Weapon Name
- 6 Unused Mercedes Logo
- 7 Unused Mobile Phone
- 8 Unused Truck
- 9 Unused Jet Animation
- 10 Unused Objectives
- 11 Unused Audio
- 12 Unused Elevator Interior
- 13 Unused Item Pickup
- 14 Unused Text
- 15 Regional Differences
Weapon names are loaded in VRAM that won't show normally (SKI POLE) or at all (ROCKET).
An early loading text graphic. Loading screens have the text from the first loading screen already on them so this is not used. The blue glow also indicates it is not used, as all the text graphics in the game use a red glow, to match the movie's red titles glow.
A screen for mission stats that is unused.
A loading screen for the removed HMS Devonshire mission.
A picture of the developers.
Loading screen for mission 2 shows earlier layout for that mission.
Menu graphic for Load Mission which goes unused as this option doesn't exist.
Unused Pause graphic.
This game, along with the PlayStation version of The World is Not Enough, lacks a multiplayer mode, but these images show that the idea may have been considered during development and ultimately canned.
These strings are related to multiplayer:
WAREHOUSE STONEHEWN JUNGLE MP 1 OPTIONS KILLS MINUTES AREA START MATCH P1 P2
The game has a lot of cheat codes, some of them being debugging codes.
- At the main menu, code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, L1, L1, Circle, L1, L1 opens up all missions to choose from. When returning, you need to input the code again to access all missions.
- At the main menu, code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, L1, L1, L1, L1, L1, L1, L1 opens up all FMV sequences at the Options menu.
- At the main menu, code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, L2, L2, R2, R2 puts a controllable box on the screen. Also, the console outputs the following:
shell pos cheat 1 x,y = DPAD h = triangle, X w = square, circle hold select for no auto-repeat hold L1 for fast movement R1 to print values
When you press R1, console prints the box location coordinates, similar to the following (default position):
cheat rect: x=0 y=0 w=40 h=40 sprite x=-320 sprite y=-120
Codes during gameplay:
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Triangle, Select toggles invincibility. After almost every cutscene, it turns off if on.
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle toggles both invincibility & no clip. After almost every cutscene Invincibility turns off if on.
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Square, Square, Circle, circle makes you run faster, with no clip more effective.
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, L1, L1, R1, R1 gives you 50 med kits, every weapon of the mission and 50 bullet clip/50 in reserve -ammo. Also makes console to output "max weapons".
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, L2, R2 gives you debug information. When repeated, more information is shown and then the display goes off.
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, R2, L2 removes debug information instantly mid-cycle.
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Down, Triangle, Down, Triangle, Down, Triangle, Down, Triangle clears the debug screen from information.
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, R1, R1, R1 marks the spots where you do your mission objectives.
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, L1, L1, L1 is object highlighting toggle, works only after activating the code above.
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Select, Select, Circle, Circle turns walls invisible.
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Select, Select, Square, Square turns objects invisible and hides the sky.
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Select, Select, R1, R1 turns additional details invisible, like snow and fire.
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Select, Select, Triangle, Triangle freezes everything and objects and enemies move with you.
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Up, Up, Select removes all damage and restores full health.
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Down, Down, Select gives you minimum health or leaves 2 out of 8 armor bars or removes the last 2 armor bars.
- On outside levels, code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Square, Square, Square, Circle changes NUM SD value which has something to do with the ground.
- On outside levels, code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Triangle, Circle, Triangle, Square seems to let you modify values which have something to do with the camera move that rotates around your character when you do nothing for a short while and the Cheat Camera. In indoor levels, same code also changes debug information seen in workbase/frame rate page.
- Pressing Circle while seeing workbase/frame rate debug page changes DPCELLDRAW value and changes the way the cells are drawed. In levels with multiple floors, you may see into other floors as they are next to each other.
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Triangle, Triangle, Square, Square shows level borders within you can move in missions 1, 2, 6 and 7. Also makes console to output " draw contour".
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Triangle, Circle, Circle highlights an object you shoot.
- In indoor levels, code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Square, Square, Square, Circle lets you open some doors without keys needed, even ones that should remain "locked". Noticeable in level 4, if you use this code, you can open doors and see the black void.
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Circle disables the triggers for text boxes for info and cutscene triggers.
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, R2, R1, L2, L1 sets Driving Physics GCHEAT from 0 to 1. What it does, is unknown.
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Square, Triangle, Square seems to update Gameloop Profile information's DRAWSYNC value.
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Triangle, Square, Square sets GOPT2 from 0 to 1 and makes console to output "gOptimize2 = 1".
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Select, Select, R2, Select changes sky on missions 1 and 7.
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Triangle, Triangle, Square, Square on outdoor levels lets you see the border of the level. It marks the end of the area you can move in without cheats.
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Select, Circle completes the mission.
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Left, Right, Select hides the HUD. Repating the code reverses the effect.
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Circle on mission six after getting to the car transports you to the other side of the map (row 700). The game's code gives this one in comments:
//use tri x3, cir cheat to get to Row 700 once in car
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, R2, R2 gives you a free moving camera system to view the level. Only what is visible can be seen.
Cheat camera controls: D-PAD to look around, Cross moves down, Triangle moves up, Square freezes and unfreezes, L1 moves backwards, R1 moves forward, L2 strafes left, R2 strafes right and SELECT toggles INTERPOLATE between 0 and 1.
- Code Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Select, Select, Select, Select depending on the level type, enables the console to output (X, Y, Z and A are values that change):
InstSmop #X type=10: none left
- When you go to Options in Main Menu, highlight music and press L1, music pauses. This causes the the console to output "pause music" and "resume" when you press L1 again to bring back the music.
These either do nothing or do something unknown:
- Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Select, Select, L2, L2
- Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Select, Triangle, Select, Triangle
- Select, Select, Circle, Circle, Select, L1, Select, R1
We want images of the German, French and Japanese translated versions?
Using cheat devices, one can access a simple menu with two options. After disabling the code, pressing X restarts the mission. If the code is active, this screen comes back as soon as the mission starts. Pressing Triangle to exit proceeds the trip to the main menu or if the code is active, crashes the game. The text in the menu text won't show up completely in German version, and Japanese version won't display it properly. In Japanese version both X and Triangle restart the mission. This might be an early idea for restarting the mission after a game over, as a toggle is implemented in The World Is Not Enough.
|PAL UK||NTSC U||NTSC J||PAL G & PAL F|
Unused Weapon Name
Using cheat devices, you can add "Ski Pole" to your inventory. Bond acts like he's operating an assault rifle. This weapon is used in skiing sections, but its name is never seen normally.
The code for NA and German versions are 800EAA34 002C and 300EAEFC 002C.
Unused Mercedes Logo
A Mercedes logo appears in the game's data for Mission 4, suggesting that the developers had intended a different ending of the mission where you had to drive the BMW similar to Mission 6 and encounter the Mercedes that Carver's henchmen drove similar to the film.
Unused Mobile Phone
An unused mobile phone icon intended for Mission 5 and Mission 10 was cut from the game. These two graphics forming the phone are left.
Textures of an unused truck that was intended to be used in Mission 6.
Unused Jet Animation
Using cheats to disable the HUD shows an unused animation of the Jet's engine starting in Mission 2 which can be seen here at 2.37
All mission .exe files list the objectives, among them are some unused objectives that are also translated to different languages:
ELIMINATE ALL TERRORISTS
ALLE TERRORISTEN VERNICHTEN
TUER TOUS LES TERRORISTES
DESTROY BIO WEAPONS
DETRUIRE LES BIO-ARMEMENTS
EXPLORER LES LIEUX
PLANT HOMING DEVICE
POSER LA RADIOBALISE
PHOTOGRAPH MISSILE BAY
FILMER LA SOUTE A MISSILES
FIND THE DEVONSHIRE
DIE DEVONSHIRE FINDEN
LOCALISER LE DEVONSHIRE
The game disc contains some unused dialog and one music track.
|Square, Circle, Triangle, X.||Probably intended for the end of mission 9 where you enter a code using those buttons.|
|Self-destruct sequence initiated. T minus two minutes and counting.||Another version of the countdown in mission 10 which would give you less time than the final choice.|
|Go ahead, save your little friend. Carver's already won. The launch is imminent.||Probably intended to be heard somewhere in level 10.|
|Self-destruct sequence initiated. T minus four minutes and counting.||Another version of the countdown in mission 10 which would give you more time than the final choice.|
|Affirmative. Missile away.||Probably intended for mission 2, but never used.|
|Wai Lin! Over here!||Might be intended for mission 10.|
|Target is designated. Confirm.||Perhaps intended for the target designation part in mission 1.|
|Checkmate.||No idea where this would go.|
Unused Elevator Interior
Mission 5 contains two elevators; the other one is "out of order" but the interior is behind closed doors. It can be seen by enabling out of bounds cheat or by enabling a cheat that puts objects invisible.
Unused Item Pickup
There is an unused item pickup in the black void next to the area where you battle the helicopter in mission 9. It is only visible by changing DPCELLDRAW value to stay at 0 (go to page 3 of debug information and press Circle.
There is some unused text in the game's files.
- “SKIPOLE” (Un-seen weapon name)
- “OUT OF BOMBS” (When you run out of things you are never told you’re out of ammunition, but… Bombs? What bombs exactly?)
- “SKI CAMERA IN NON SKI LEVEL”
- “FINGERPRINT OBTAINED”
- “OUT OF ORDER”
- “USING KEY...” - this is seen in certain missions through a cheat code
- “PHONE FAIL!”
- “SHALL B. MY SON!”
- “Dummy print in Wait.”
- “YO, BAD WEAPON TYPE”
- “OUT OF BULLETS” (You can run out of bullets but this is never shown.)
- “TURN AROUND JAMES”
- “GOT HEALTH FULL”
- “Don McDermot”
Japanese version has some differences compared to the US and EU versions:
- Changed legal screen.
- Because of the remapped buttons for confirm and back, it is impossible to input cheat codes during gameplay. Main menu codes can be activated by skillful button pressing using the music player in the options menu.
- Different button icons at main menu.
- Text boxes that appear during gameplay have white text instead of yellow.
- Only Memory Card Slot 1 is supported.
- When prompted to start a new game, press Circle for Yes and X for No. Other versions have Square for Yes and Triangle for No.
- Japanese version doesn't show D-pad functions in the pause menu control screen.
- Music & SFX test are together and vibration toggle is added to main menu options.
- Mission 8 happens in 19:00, in other versions it happens at 05:30.
- Some unused screens are taken out.
- Boxes for text are adjusted to fit the text into them.
- Bond holds a gun in the opening cinematic of mission 10.
- Mission 5 happens in 16:00, in other versions it happens at 19:00.
- Differences in objectives:
ACTIVATE SERVICE ELEVATOR
ACTIVATE ROOF ELEVATOR
MINIMIZE CIVILIAN CASUALTIES
SO WENIG ZIVILE OPFER WIE MÖGLICH
AS FEW CIVILIAN VICTIMS AS POSSIBLE
CONTACT M VIA COMM LINK
RECORD RADIO LINK
German version has some objectives shortened to display in-game objective display, as the game shows the simplified description "PHOTOGRAPH WEAPONS" means the two shortened descriptions for photographing objects go unused here:
HUBSCHRAUBER FOTOGRAF. MINENWERFER FOTOGRAF.
- Boxes for text are adjusted to fit the text into them.
- Bond holds a gun in the opening cinematic of mission 10.
|The James Bond series|
|Atari 2600||James Bond 007|
|Oric||007: Dangereusement Vôtre|
|NES||James Bond Jr. (John Smith: Special Agent Prototype)|
|Sega Master System||James Bond 007: The Duel|
|SNES||James Bond Jr.|
|Genesis||James Bond 007: The Duel|
|Game Boy||James Bond 007|
|PlayStation||Tomorrow Never Dies • The World Is Not Enough • 007 Racing|
|Nintendo 64||GoldenEye 007 • The World Is Not Enough|
|PlayStation 2||From Russia with Love|
|PlayStation Portable||From Russia with Love|
|Nintendo DS||Quantum of Solace • GoldenEye 007 • Blood Stone|