Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (PlayStation 3)
|Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3|
|This page sucks.|
If you could make it suck less, that would be awesome.
After a decade-long wait for Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Capcom, keeping within its steadfast company tradition, controversially announced Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 mere months after its release. The game includes 12 new characters (including the notoriously scrapped Frank West), the ability to play as the final boss Galactus, as well as the wacky "Heroes and Heralds" mode alongside the expected balance updates. In spite of this, the overall game ended up being just as broken as its predecessor.
An unused theme intended for an Ōkami-based stage was found on a developer's website. Check if this theme exists on the disc, and also check to see if any other remnants of said stage still exist.
Fast Character-Switching Mechanic
It appears a mechanic to allow fast switching among team members (at the cost of one bar of meter) was fully programmed, but removed from the final game. Using hacking tools on the PlayStation 3 version, it's possible to re-enable the feature.
Rip the audio files.
Unused audio files exist for the following characters:
- "Soul Drain!" (the variant of Soul Fist which drains meter. She says "Let's get closer!" when using this in-game).
- "Soul Eraser!" (A Hyper Combo which was seen in the first 2 Marvel VS. Capcom games, but wasn't brought back for 3).
- A clip of her maniacally laughing (presumably intended to accompany the above clip).
- A more subdued KO grunt, corresponding to Zero getting KOed by a light attack (this situation never happens in-game, as Zero uses the same audio clip when KOed by a light attack as he does a heavy attack, to accompany him exploding).
- "Fear me, I am the Lord of the Dark Dimension. I am Dormammu." (an unused victory quote)
- "I have waited millennia for a chance to destroy you." (an unused pre-battle quote)
- "They call you "Lord of Chaos"? I now claim that title for myself." (victory quote after defeating Shuma-Gorath, he instead says "Back to the Chaos Dimension with you.")
- "Doctor Strange, let this be our final battle!" (bizarrely was also present in the original release of Marvel VS. Capcom 3, despite Strange not being playable)
Hidden Galactus Content
Although the added Galactus Mode only lets you play as Galactus alone and the actual boss fight has you knock out two heralds before fighting him, there are bits left of Galactus being fought in a different way, also accessible by using hacking tools. Galactus has a sound for calling in assists, sounds for tagging into all characters even including himself, and also has win quotes that never appear after losing to him in Arcade Mode.
"There does not exist a mortal who can stand before Galactus." "The loss of life when I feed is regrettable...But unavoidable." "I have existed longer than the universe itself. And will continue to exist long after it's gone." "I'm Galactus, and I'm not bound by any laws." "My journey is ended! This planet shall sustain me until it has been drained of all elemental life!" "Galactus is, and forever will be." "You puny human gnats are more annoying than I had suspected." "I am omnipotent and infinite. I am a force of nature. I am Galactus" (vs. Deadpool) "In all my countless lifetimes of existence, you are by far the being most deserving of having your life extinguished." (vs. Thor) "And you call yourself a god? Laughable."
Unused Magneto Outfit
Magneto's planned DLC outfit was the royal costume he is wearing on the comic book cover of The Pulse: House of M by Mike Mayhew. The data for that costume exists and is locked on disc.
This costume was heavily inspired by the photograph of King Juan Carlos' of Spain, and due to legal action threats by the Spanish government, the sale for that DLC costume never happened, leaving Magneto to be the only character of the game with no alternate costume.
The costume is still accessible through hacks, and was accessible through a glitch from an unpatched version of the game.
|The Marvel series|
|Arcade||Marvel Super Heroes • Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter • Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes • Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes|
|SNES||Marvel Super Heroes in War of the Gems|
|PlayStation 2||Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes • Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects • Marvel: Ultimate Alliance|
|Xbox||Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects|
|GameCube||Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects|
|PlayStation Portable||Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2|
|Nintendo DS||Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2|
|Windows||LEGO Marvel Super Heroes|
|PlayStation 3||Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3|
|Spider-Man • X-Men • Hulk • Captain America • Iron Man • Fantastic Four • Punisher|