|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
Apparently there are unused status bar face graphics that need to be ripped. RAM address $704 controls the current status bar face; valid values are multiples of 2 in the range of 00 - 38.
The SNES port of Doom should have been an impossibility. Should.
Present at ROM address 0x80810E:
Rage/Reality Engine written by Randy Linden. Special thanks to my loving wife, Jodi Harvey.
Also, the Episode 1 sky texture (stored as an uncompressed 8bpp graphic at 0x8000) contains an additional message that is not actually visible in game without somehow clipping outside of the boundaries of the map:
A small amount of uncompiled source code can be found in the data for several music tracks. This is only visible in SPC RAM after the data has been decompressed from ROM.
mov tempword,A ; save ID code mov PlayChan+X,A mov PlayCurVelocity+
After booting the game and letting the game reach the title screen (so that resetting skips the copyright spiel and publisher splash screen), reset the game three times to bring up a hidden credits screen overlaid on the title screen. Another four resets will bring up a second page.
These credits only list the Sculptured Software team (ie. no Id or publisher staff) and, curiously, use construction metaphors instead of normal job titles.
|Page 1||Page 2|
- The hidden credits sequence mentioned above has been disabled in the European release. The Japanese version goes a little further and removes the unique soft-reset handling.
- Japanese version shows the credits when you beat the game.
- In the US and European releases, difficulty settings restrict what episodes you can play, with the full game only playable on Ultra-Violence and Nightmare settings. In the Japanese version, all episodes are available on all difficulties.
- Enemies appear on the automap to an extent, sort of like the IDDT cheat in the PC version but more intelligent (ie. only showing living monsters, not any actor)
- Different regions have a different publisher logo splash screen before the title screen.
- The end screen text in the Japanese version has been completely rewritten, in favour of some much simpler English.
|Knee-Deep in the Dead||The Shores of Hell||Inferno|
Add text sequences from US release.
|The Doom series|
|DOS||Doom (1993) (Prototypes) • Doom II: Hell on Earth • Final Doom|
|Windows||Doom (1993) (Prototypes) • Doom 3 (Prototypes) • Doom (2016)|
|Mac OS Classic||Doom (1993) (Prototypes) • Doom II: Hell on Earth • Final Doom|
|Mac OS X||Doom 3 (Prototypes)|
|Linux||Doom (1993) (Prototypes)|
|PlayStation||Doom • Final Doom|
|Nintendo 64||Doom 64|
|Game Boy Advance||Doom • Doom II: Hell on Earth|
|J2ME||Doom RPG • Doom II RPG|
|Xbox 360||Doom II: Hell on Earth|
|PlayStation 3||Doom II: Hell on Earth • Final Doom|