Gran Turismo HD Concept
|Gran Turismo HD Concept|
Gran Turismo HD Concept was once part of a much bigger project, but nowadays, it's known by many fans as the closest thing they're ever going to get of a playable high-definition version of Gran Turismo 4.
Almost all of this title's assets were carried forth into Gran Turismo 5 Prologue.
Gran Turismo HD E3 2006 Background
The well-known background picture of Gran Turismo HD, showing a Ford GT '05 and Honda CBR600RR (JP) '05 inside an opened garage, is still present inside the game files.
In Gran Turismo HD, only two cameras are used by game: bumper (value 00) and chase (value 01). Like other Gran Turismo games, there are some unused cameras there as well, including a working cockpit cam.
Many people thought that the "Secret code" from Gran Turismo 5 Prologue that was discovered in 2010 originated from that title, but seeing as this is the earliest build of Gran Turismo on the PS3 that was publicly released, and with all other future builds branching from this one, that code actually originates as far back as this game here.
The input required is the same as the title above, except with the addition of holding down two other buttons. To access the Special Settings menu, go to the game's Options, scroll down to the Misc menu in the Miscellaneous category, and while holding down L1, L2, R1, and R2, input Down, Right, Right, Down, Right, Right, Down, Right, Right, Down, Right, Right, START and the Special Settings menu should now appear in the Miscellaneous category.
Below is a list of all functions that the menu contains and a brief description on what they do. Given the available options, this menu was most likely intended for public kiosks and events.
- Unlock All - Exactly as it says on the tin, pressing the big shiny Execute button will unlock all cars available in the game.
- Save Full Lap Replay - Unsure about this setting's function, as saving a replay in-game will only save the best lap instead of the entire session anyway, but setting this option to Yes will not register the best lap time into the rankings when the player quits the race.
- Special Guest - Setting to Yes will allow you to edit the next option.
- Guest Name - A text entry box that only becomes available when the above option is set to Yes. Attempting to input anything will just bounce the cursor to the next option.
- Time Limit - Sets the time limit of gameplay in 10-second increments, all the way up to 3600 seconds.
- System Language - Might have been used for the PAL territories version to change the language of the game, as only the game region's language is available to select from.
There exists name-only entries for the Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA '05, a car which would later appear in Gran Turismo 5: Prologue. What's interesting to note is that there's an entry for a tuned variant, in which such a model never appeared in the aforementioned title.
|impreza_wrx_sti_c_ra_05||Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA '05|
|impreza_wrx_sti_c_ra_05_tune||Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA '05 /T|
Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z '06
There's an unused thumbnail image of the Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z '06 still present in the game files. Perhaps the car is still in the game, but it's not playable for whatever reason.
There are multiple short themes that, judging by the filenames, were supposed to play when the player finishes or completes a race, a feature which ended up becoming part of Gran Turismo 5 in which a multitude of themes would play depending on the position the player finished the race in. These four themes went unused in the game and remain within the data files.
|The Gran Turismo series|
|PlayStation||Gran Turismo (Prototype) • Gran Turismo 2 (Prototype)|
|PlayStation 2||Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec (Prototype) • Gran Turismo Concept • Gran Turismo 4 Prologue • Gran Turismo 4 (Prototype) • Tourist Trophy|
|PlayStation Portable||Gran Turismo|
|PlayStation 3||Gran Turismo HD Concept • Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (Prototype) • Gran Turismo 5 (Prototype) • Gran Turismo 6 (Prototype)|
|PlayStation 4||Gran Turismo Sport|