|This game was never completed and/or given a public release.|
As a result of this, keep in mind that the developers might have used or deleted some of the content featured here, had the game actually reached store shelves.
|Download Rayman (SNES, early build)
File: RAYMAN_SNES.rar (708 KB) (info)
Rayman was initially planned to be an SNES title, but the rise of more powerful consoles meant development shifted to those despite this version allegedly approaching completion.
A very early build, containing a single (semi-playable) level, was dumped by game developer Omar Cornut on Twitter.
Provide recordings of his animations if possible. It's difficult to isolate Rayman's SNES animations due to the foreground utilizing various transparencies.
|SNES||Jaguar (and onwards)|
One of the more interesting differences between the SNES prototype and the final game is Rayman's design.
- Rayman is sporting a red outfit, which would later be changed to resemble a purple hoodie in his later design.
- Rayman's hands were enlarged in his later design, with his rotund body being shrunk in turn.
- Rayman's shoes were given additional details in his later design, with the soles being recolored white and two bumps and a lace being added.
- His nose was made bigger in his later design.
- When Rayman charges his punch, his body begins sparking as his fist turns gold. This is curiously absent in his later design, even though his Golden Fist would later be turned into a powerup.
- His idle animations are very different in this version: instead of gesturing and looking around, he wipes his mouth and eventually lugs out a boombox, then breakdances for a bit before putting away the boombox.
- When Rayman collides with a ceiling, his entire body squishes before falling down with a unique animation. This is absent in his later design.
Lightning orbs, which are not seen at any point because no items are placed in the level.
Rayman can only charge up his punch in this build and can't actually fire it, leaving these graphics unused.
An enemy is loaded into the level, but it's not seen at any point.
The Rayman series
|PlayStation||Rayman (Prototypes) • Rayman Rush|
|Windows||Rayman 2 (Prototype) • Rayman Origins • Rayman Legends|
|Mac OS X||Rayman Mini|
|PlayStation 2||Rayman Revolution • Rayman M|
|Game Boy Color||Rayman|
|Game Boy Advance||Rayman: Hoodlum's Revenge|
|Nintendo DS||Rayman DS|
|Nintendo 3DS||Rayman Origins|
|iOS||Rayman Jungle Run • Rayman Fiesta Run • Rayman Adventures • Rayman Mini|
|PlayStation 3, Xbox 360||Rayman 3 HD|
|Windows||Rayman Raving Rabbids • Rabbids Coding|
|Wii U||Rabbids Land|
|Nintendo Switch||Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle|
|Android, iOS||Rabbids Coding|