Also known as: Crash Bandicoot Carnival (JP)
This game has a prototype article
Crash Bash was Sony's answer to Mario Party, and the results were... quite lukewarm to say the least.
A short looping track with a similar composition to the infamous "Loading" theme.
A prompt graphic that's loaded in the VRAM whenever the player is in the first warp room. Possibly used as a placeholder when a player approached a minigame in Adventure Mode.
Using GameShark code 8009CBFC 002C in the European version allows you to access a test level once you've entered a minigame.
Pressing Circle plays an animation of an explosion, and pressing it again while the animation is still playing, will stop it until it is pressed one more time.
As expected, there are numerous differences in the Japanese version besides the language change.
Get a screenshot of the Japanese title screen and rips of the Japanese and Western character/boss icons for comparison.
- The title screen is different.
- The main theme is changed to a song called Crash Banjy-Kyusuu ~Carnival 2000 Mix~.
- All of the voices except for Koala Kong's were redone by the Japanese actors from previous games.
- The music for Dot Dash, Splash Dash and Oxide Ride, which was a remix of Dingodile's theme from Crash Bandicoot: Warped, is replaced with a modified version of the famous Can Can music.
- All the characters and bosses have different icons to appeal more to Japanese audiences.
- TNT Crates have the same bomb image drawn on them from the Japanese versions of previous games.
- Finishing Adventure mode shows an epilogue message for your character and an accompanying picture.
Fake Crash is added as a secret character exclusive to this version of the game. He is a neutral character and is only available in the Battle and Tournament modes by pressing R1 + R2 + Down + Left on the character select screen. He plays and moves just like Crash, but has his own separate voice samples.
Previous Crash Bandicoot games released in Japan have hidden bonus videos accessible at startup, and this game has two of them. To access them, press and hold the following button combinations at the PlayStation logo during startup:
- Hold Up + Triangle + L2 + R2 or use GameShark code D0010404 0003 + 80010406 1043 to play the first video.
- Hold Down + X + L2 + R1 or use GameShark code D0010420 0004 + 80010422 1043 to play the second video.
Like before, you must reset your console after each video has finished playing.
|The Crash Bandicoot series|
|PlayStation||Crash Bandicoot (Prototypes) • Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (Prototype) • Crash Bandicoot: Warped (Prototypes)|
Crash Team Racing (Prototypes) • Crash Bash (Prototypes)
|PlayStation 2||Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex • Crash Nitro Kart (Prototype)|
Crash Twinsanity (Prototype) • Crash Tag Team Racing • Crash of the Titans • Crash: Mind Over Mutant
|GameCube||Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex|
|Xbox||Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex|
|Game Boy Advance||Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced • Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage • Spyro Orange: The Cortex Conspiracy|
|PlayStation Portable||Crash: Mind Over Mutant|
|PlayStation 4||Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy|
|Windows, Nintendo Switch||Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy|