pop'n music 5 (Arcade)
|pop'n music 5|
pop'n music 5 was the last one to have a weird fascination for naked women in the ranking screens. It was not the last one to insert random proverbs wherever possible, though. Oh, it also introduced EX charts, but very few songs had them, and they could only be played in the also new Extra Stage.
Location Test Leftover
Among the assets present in TITLE.GCZ is a graphic leftovered from... take a wild guess.
Each song is marked with a specific ID, in which 58, 68-69, and 76-79 are not used. Despite this, placeholder background, splash screen, character portrait and genre graphics for these IDs can be found.
Early Ending Screen
An early graphic for the game's ending screen (if playing as Mimi ) can be found in END/SEND000.GCZ, in which the differences between it and the final variant will be noted below:
- The text in the credits is much bolder in the early variant.
- The "Here's pop'n music 5 staffs" and "PRESENTED BY KONAMI" text lines are centered in the final release.
- Mimi and Nyami's positions in the start of the credits were readjusted.
- The position of the squares and of the text in the panel containing the designer credits was readjusted.
- The "DAY & NIGHT" background text in the programmer panel was slightly changed to "NIGHT & DAY".
- The font in "GREATEST" in the end of the credits was changed.
- In the older graphic, the console team was still referred to as Konami Computer Entertainment Yokohama, indicating that the graphic was created before the merge between the Yokohama and Sapporo studios had happened.
- Mimi's position was slightly changed.
Several of the game's security strings, which are present in gea04-ja_gca04-ja_gca04-jb.bin and in offset 0xA58B4 of a decompressed FIREBEAT.EXE form the following message:
Also present in FIREBEAT.EXE at offset 0xA590C is another set of strings which contain a programmer credit:
MoDe:MaNuFaC/-normal?- BY Hideaki Kawash (03638) MoDe:SeRViCe/-service- BY Hideaki Kawash (03638) MoDe:EVeNT /--event-- BY Hideaki Kawash (03638) MoDe:OVeRSea/--------- BY Hideaki Kawash (03638) MoDe:DuMMY01/-no-hard- BY Hideaki Kawash (03638) MoDe:DuMMY02/--------- BY Hideaki Kawash (03638) MoDe:DuMMY03/--------- BY Hideaki Kawash (03638) MoDe:DuMMY04/--debug-- BY Hideaki Kawash (03638)
The Pop'n Music series
|Arcade||pop'n music • pop'n music 2 • pop'n music 3 • pop'n music 4 • pop'n music 5|
pop'n music Animelo • pop'n music Mickey Tunes • pop'n music Animelo 2gou
pop'n music 6 • pop'n music 8
|PlayStation||pop'n music 3 Append Disc|
pop'n music Disney Tunes • pop'n music 5 • pop'n music 6
|Dreamcast||pop'n music • pop'n music 2 • pop'n music 3 Append Disc • pop'n music 4 Append Disc|
|Game Boy Color||Pop'n Music GB • Pop'n Music GB Animation Melody • Pop'n Music GB Disney Tunes|
|Windows||pop'n music DA!!|
|PlayStation 2||pop'n music 7 • pop'n music Best Hits! • pop'n music 8 • pop'n music 9 • pop'n music 10|
pop'n music 11 • pop'n music 12 Iroha • pop'n music 13 Carnival • pop'n music 14 FEVER!
|Arcade||pop'n stage (ex)|
|Xbox 360||Beat'n Groovy|