pop'n music Mickey Tunes
|pop'n music Mickey Tunes|
A pop'n music spin-off focused on the Disney franchise.
TITLE00.GCZ, which contains assets seen in the game's HUD, contains name graphics for two unused characters: Clara and Horace. These sprites, which differ heavily from the other name graphics, are also these characters' only remaining data.
L_GO_00.GCZ is an early version of GO_00.GCZ, a graphic set which contains sprites from the Results and Game Over screens. It is dated around a month earlier than the final variant.
- One of the assets for the Game Over screen properly credits the Konami division that developed the game: Konami GMD Division 7. In the same graphic, "Track" is mispelled as "Truck".
- Goofy was slightly redrawn.
- One of the graphics, depicting a screen of sorts, was replaced with a spotlight.
Offset 0x5256C (Revision JA)/0x4DD54 (Revision JB) of a decompressed FIREBEAT.EXE contains the game's security strings, which contain a developer credit:
MODE:NORMAL PASSWORD SET:TOSHIMASA TAKENAKA MODE:SERVICE PASSWORD SET:TOSHIMASA TAKENAKA MODE:EVENT PASSWORD SET:TOSHIMASA TAKENAKA MODE:OVER SEA PASSWORD SET:TOSHIMASA TAKENAKA MODE:NO HARD PASSWORD SET:TOSHIMASA TAKENAKA DUMMY2ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff DUMMY3gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg MODE:DEBUG PASSWORD SET:TOSHIMASA TAKENAKA
A build date can be found as the title of the main program ISO. This only applies to Revision JA.
On July 2000, Revision JB of the game was released, titled pop'n music Mickey Tunes!.
- The Net@Mania mode was added, which allows one to play a 4-song course with modifiers enabled.
- The Normal and Magical modes were renamed to Original and Normal, respectively.
|Revision JA||Revision JB|
- Two new judgements were added: Cool (above Great) and Miss (previously, misses were counted as part of Bad). The Great judgement was also recolored.
- The "Max Combo" graphic in the Song Result screen was also recolored.
|Revision JA||Revision JB|
The JB revision also contains one additional unused graphic, labeled GG_SAMP.GCZ, which consists of a mockup screenshot of what seems to be a very early version of the game. The song currently being played (Circle of Life) also does not appear in the final game.
The Pop'n Music series
|Arcade||pop'n music • pop'n music 2 • pop'n music 3 • pop'n music 4 • pop'n music 5|
pop'n music Animelo • pop'n music Mickey Tunes • pop'n music Animelo 2gou
pop'n music 6 • pop'n music 8
|PlayStation||pop'n music 3 Append Disc|
pop'n music Disney Tunes • pop'n music 5 • pop'n music 6
|Dreamcast||pop'n music • pop'n music 2 • pop'n music 3 Append Disc • pop'n music 4 Append Disc|
|Game Boy Color||Pop'n Music GB • Pop'n Music GB Animation Melody • Pop'n Music GB Disney Tunes|
|Windows||pop'n music DA!!|
|Arcade||pop'n stage (ex)|
|Xbox 360||Beat'n Groovy|