Proto:Porky Pig's Haunted Holiday
This page details one or more prototype versions of Porky Pig's Haunted Holiday.
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
Audio differences. Will probably need its own subpage as the audio is massively different compared to the final.
A prototype was released through an unknown source and predates the final build by seven months.
- The prototype lacks the Acclaim logo, alongside any other mention of Acclaim.
- The license screen is the first screen shown when the game is booted up in the prototype, whereas in the final it's shown after the company logos.
- Because of this, the Alternate Options Screen appears after the Sunsoft logo rather than shortly after entering the code.
- The license screen is a lot less text-heavy in the prototype, unlike the final which lacks any company logos on the screen.
- Dark Technologies is credited for development, while Phoenix Interactive Entertainment is credited in the final. It's most likely two different names for the same company, as otherwise it'd mean someone got massively screwed over.
- Phoenix Interactive also has its logo on a separate screen, unlike Dark Technologies which has its logo on the license screen.
The C.M.S. Editor shows a different build date for the game: 26 January 1995 instead of 22 August 1995.
Some credits are different between the prototype and final:
- Jez (Taylor) was added to the Music and Sound Effects role in the final version.
- Under the audio role is "Thanks to Lawrerence Hiler at Chip Level Design".
- In the prototype, C.M.S. has a copyright text: "C.M.S.. © Dark Technologies 1994".
- The prototype also has music and copyright credits to "The Merry Go Round Broke Down".
Like the final game, the ROM has leftover text from the Psy-Q compiling process. Notably, the file paths in said text use a different drive letter compared to the text in the final build.
D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\MAINCHR.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\FARSTEVE.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\FAR_MARK.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\ROOFAR2.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\PORKY.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\GAMEENV.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\CHRIS.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\GESTEVE.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\FAR_M2.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\HDMA_FAR.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\ROOFAR3.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\PORKY.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\ROOINTRO.658