Proto:Porky Pig's Haunted Holiday
This page details one or more prototype versions of Porky Pig's Haunted Holiday.
|This article has just been started and needs the article basics added.|
Help us out and
Cover audio differences. Will probably need its own subpage as the audio is massively different compared to the final.
A prototype was released through an unknown source. While the prototype is seemingly complete, it predates the game's final build by 7 months!
- The prototype lacks the Acclaim logo, alongside any other mention of Acclaim.
- The license screen is the first screen shown when the game is booted up in the prototype, whereas in the final it's shown after the company logos.
- Because of this, the Alternate Options Screen appears after the Sunsoft logo rather than shortly after entering the code.
- The license screen is a lot more text-heavy in the prototype, lacking any company logos.
- Dark Technologies is credited in the prototype for development, while Phoenix Interactive Entertainment is credited in the final, which highly suggests the developer changed its name during development of this game.
- Phoenix Interactive Entertainment also has its logo on a separate screen, unlike Dark Technologies which has its logo on the license screen.
The C.M.S. Editor shows a different build date for the game: 26th of January 1995 instead of 22nd of August 1995.
Some credits are different between the prototype and final release:
- Jez (Taylor) is added to the Music and Sound Effects role in the final version.
- Under the audio role is the text "Thanks to Lawrerence Hiler at Chip Level Design".
- In the prototype, C.M.S. has a copyright text: "C.M.S.. © Dark Technologies 1994".
- The prototype also has music and copyright credits to The Merry Go Round Broke Down.
Like the final game, the ROM has text leftover from the Psy-Q compiling process. Notably, the file paths in said text use a different drive letter compared to the text in the final build.
D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\MAINCHR.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\FARSTEVE.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\FAR_MARK.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\ROOFAR2.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\PORKY.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\GAMEENV.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\CHRIS.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\GESTEVE.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\FAR_M2.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\HDMA_FAR.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\ROOFAR3.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\PORKY.658 D:\PSYQ\PORKY2\ROOINTRO.658