Call of Duty: Black Ops (Windows, Xbox 360)
|Call of Duty: Black Ops|
This game has unused areas.
Upload the remaining sound files, and reorganize the Maps section
Call of Duty: Black Ops is the first game in the Black Ops subseries of Call of Duty games, taking place in the '60s. TELL US WHERE THE UNUSED CONTENT IS, MASON!
- 1 Unused Weapons
- 2 Weapons Cut From Levels/Modes
- 3 Unused Perks
- 4 Enemies Removed from Levels
- 5 Unused Maps
- 6 Unused Sounds
- 7 The Hind's Player Model
- 8 Region Differences
Functions exactly like it did in Call of Duty: World at War. It has proper first person animations and works perfectly as a player weapon.
An M1911 pistol that fires Rifle Grenades. This is a leftover from Call of Duty: World at War, where it was used as a co-op card option. It can be found by using the "give all" command.
While carried by Steiner in a cutscene for the mission "Project Nova", the P38 is never seen in normal gameplay. However, it does have a slightly unfinished pick up icon.
A light machine gun. Files exist for this weapon in the game data. Oddly enough, it did appear in the DS version.
A big-ass chainsaw intended for Zombies mode. Code, player animations and some zombie functions still exist. Can only be used by shunting it over into normal multiplayer with the Mod Tools.
The Thompson is used in the Prestige or Hardened editions of the game, as well as the Rezurrection DLC. Empty files for the Thompson can be found in the regular version suggesting it was most likely planned for a zombie map.
Unused sound files suggest it was to be used in the zombies map "Five".
A development fragment in almost every Call of Duty game. Pickup icon is an AK-47.
Weapons Cut From Levels/Modes
These weapons are used, but unused coding shows that they were supposed to be used in other levels (or modes).
The M2 Flamethrower is used, but only in Dead Ops Arcade. Interestingly enough, a model as well as cut quotes from "Five" and "Kino der Toten" remain, which suggests it was to be used in those maps as well.
The Model 1887 is used, but only in "Vorkuta". However, unused coding suggests it was to appear in the missions "Payback", "Redemption", and "Rebirth". The coding string "mp_m1887" suggests that the Model 1887 was also planned to be usable in multiplayer.
The MP40 is used in the campaign, but strangely has coding to be obtained as a killstreak. The coding strings are "mp40_mp", "mp40_drop_mp" and "mp40_blinged_mp". Audio bits for the Tropas, Black Ops, OP 40, Spetznaz, and the NVA faction announcers remains. It can also be used in "Five" using console commands.
The Wunderwaffe DG-2 is used, but only in some of the original zombies maps. Cut quotes seem to suggest that it was originally available for "Kino der Toten" and "Five". It would've most likely been obtained through the Mystery Box. The sound bits for "Five" still exist along with the "Kino der Toten" quotes. An unused Pack-A-Punched variant known as the "Wunderwaffe DG-3 JZ" can be used in Call of the Dead with the help of console commands, though it has no texture.
Zombies Mode Weapons
For some reason, the AK-47 is present in Zombies mode, but normally inaccessible and only half-finished. It does very little damage, has no firing sound and cannot be Pack-A-Punched. However, the Pack-A-Punched version of the weapon, the "Red Mist" is fully present and working, adding an attached flamethrower.
In addition, Pack-A-Punched versions of the Kiparis, Stoner63, Skorpion, and WA2000 exist in the game files.
Upload the sound files that are discussed.
A cut Perk-a-Cola perk that was planned for the Zombies map "Ascension". Sound files still exist.
A cut Perk-a-Cola perk, planned for the Zombies map "Ascension". There are sound files of the characters talking about it, but Dempsey is the only one who mentions it by name.
Enemies Removed from Levels
Hellhounds are seen in-game normally, but not in the map "Five". Unused sound files are the only remains of them.
- Airbase: A cancelled multiplayer map. Although the map itself is completely unknown, it can be fully and accurately reconstructed as seen here. The minimap data and a playable, but unpackaged map file are present in the map tools. May have been replaced with the DLC map "Hangar 18".
- Berlin Wall: Though this map was released in the First Strike DLC Berlin Wall was going to be included in the base game since there is a screenshot of it and a minimap in the files.
- Discovery: It may have been intended to be in the retail version as an early minimap has been found.
- Golf Course: Original name for "Hazard". It can be found in the game files. However, it was scrapped and released in the Annihilation DLC.
- Havana: No, not the finished "Havana" map. A different one. Densely urban, medium sized, resembles "Favela" from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Probably scrapped at an early stage, judging by the developer textures present.
- Hotel: Another map that was eventually made it to a DLC since an early screenshot, minimap, and vote icon was made for the map.
- Jungle: No, not the finished "Jungle" map. An NVA military base in a jungle village, during a storm. Vote icons were created for it, so it was clearly cut late in development.
- Landing: An airstrip, possibly based on the airstrip in the mission "Operation 40". The layout is very similar to "Launch".
- mp_cairo: The codename for the (used) Havana map which implies that the map was going to take place in Egypt. Reports have stated that a map in Cairo was announced at the Call of Duty XP event but no proof of this has been found yet.
- Munich: Seems to be a map based on the Olympic Village in Munich, Germany. A minimap was created for it. Was later finished as the DLC map "Stadium".
- Port: A shipping port in a snowy area. A minimap image is present.
- Pentagon: The...Pentagon. Was turned into the Zombies map Five. Minimap still remains.
- Rooftops: Set on the rooftops of interconnected buildings in a tropical area. A minimap exists. Probably cut because three rooftop maps would be a bit much.
- Sandstorm: Some kind of industrial facility. A minimap image is present.
- Sea Lab: An underwater facility, presumably based on the campaign map "Redemption". Was likely cut due to the setting rendering most Kill Streaks useless.
- Shipyard: A shipping port, similar to the canceled Call of Duty: World at War map "Docks". Was probably cancelled very early on, based on all the developer textures on the minimap image.
- Temple of Doom: A Zombies map definition in the Escalation DLC pack. May have been replaced with "Shangri-La".
- Snow Mine: All we have is a name and the map description which is "Winter combat in a deserted mine. Great for objective-based game modes."
- Underwater: Another underwater facility, presumably based on the campaign map "Redemption". This map was likely cut due to the setting which renders many kill streaks useless.
- Uranium: Material files for the minimap and loadscreen - but not the actual images - are present.
- War Museum: A loadscreen exists. According to Treyarch's mappers, this was supposed to be similar to "Castle" from World at War.
- zombie_paris: The codename for Moon. According to Treyarch, Moon was going to be set in Paris but went against it because they wanted to "go out with a bang."
The announcer for the NVA faction has four unused sound files for scrapped hardcore game modes: Hardcore Demolition, Hardcore Domination, Hardcore Sabotage, and Hardcore Wager Match.
An alternate (and rather creepy) Firesale announcement. The second announcement was later added into Black Ops 3's zombies mode, when the Mystery Box disappears.
The Hind's Player Model
Since you are in the cockpit, you normally never get to see the exterior. However, if you manage to noclip out of the helicopter, the back of the model is extremely low poly since it is never normally seen.
The German version cuts out several scenes of intense violence, tones down any graphic violence, and removes the Nazi symbols. German law prohibits the usage of imagery representing "unconstitutional" groups (such as the Nazi party), and games depicting graphic violence are often censored in Germany to avoid being banned from sale.
|The Call of Duty series|
|Windows||Call of Duty 2 • Modern Warfare (Prototypes) • World at War • Modern Warfare 2 • Black Ops • Modern Warfare 3 • Black Ops II|
|Xbox 360||Call of Duty 2 • Black Ops • Black Ops II|
|Mac OS X||Call of Duty 2|
|Nintendo DS||Modern Warfare • Modern Warfare: Mobilized|
|PlayStation 2||World at War - Final Fronts|
|PlayStation 3||Black Ops II|
|Wii U||Black Ops II|