Ys: Ancient Ys Vanished Omen (Sega Master System)
|...But what does it mean?|
This game has text or audio that needs to be translated. If you are fluent with this language, please read our translation guidelines and then
|Ys: Ancient Ys Vanished Omen|
With thy game controller, thou must assume the role of ARON and save thee lands from the clutches of evil.
At the end of all versions of Ys-I when "PRESENTED BY SEGA" finishes scrolling up the screen, press Down, Right and 1 to open the music test. Use Up and Down to select a track and 1 or 2 to play it. In the Non-JP versions, you can also leave the test by scrolling down to "EXIT".
THE THEME OF ARON/ADOLL
Compared to the JP version, the US/EU version:
- Uses more colors in the background.
- Added more texture and depth to the background image. Many of the colors were made darker.
- Redoes the color scheme in the "Ancient Ys Vanished Omen" title.
- Changes the "Ys" logo from the Japanese to the English version (And adds a little comment beside it on how to pronounce the title).
- Removes the black pixels in "FALCOM" and slightly edits the "C".
- Changes the shadow color used in the font along the bottom lines.
- Slight edits to the "G" and "A" in SEGA.
- A handful of enemies during the earlier parts of the game were made a little easier / gave a little more experience points in the international version.
- The names used are based off the Complete/Chronicles edition. The original manuals do have nearly-identical names, but the list is incomplete.
The US/EU version introduces an obscure bug: if a player goes to the Village Market with a Mirror and attempts to purchase another one (at least) twice in one visit, the game will immediately glitch when the player leaves the shop. The results vary widely, including:
- Crash (either immediately or after some glitching)
- Alternate dialogue will appear beside the portrait (usually followed up with a crash)
- Put Adol/Aron in any map at any position with any possible inventory combination
- Jump immediately to the closing credits