Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys
|Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys|
To enable debug mode, the byte at 21-bit address $D1CBA needs to be constantly replaced or substituted with the value of $01. This can be achieved in Mednafen by following these keyboard instructions:
- ALT + C
- Command: 2 (Cheat Search...)
- Command: 1 (Add Cheat)
- Name: Debug Mode
- Type: S
- Address: $D1CBA
- Value: $01
- Enable: Y
- Add cheat confirmation: Y
To use the debug mode on a real system, or an emulator without cheat functionality, patch track 2 and track 32 at offset $218AB (assuming 2048-bytes-per-sector rip), replacing $9C with $8D.
Choose "Beginning" at the title screen to start in a special debug area, with various NPCs you can talk to to activate various debugging features.
To activate the debug menu in-game, hold I while pressing II.
- STAT: Set debugging flags.
- EXP: Add 100 exp.
- GOLD: Directly set gold quantity.
- HP/MP: Manipulate current HP and MP.
- GOODS: Select and add items to the inventory.
- MUSIC: Play CD-DA music and ADPCM voice acting.
- FLAG: Set game state flag(?).
- F-MAP: View game state flags(?).