Mortal Kombat II (PlayStation)
|Mortal Kombat II|
Developer: Probe Entertainment
This game has a hidden developer message.
A port of Mortal Kombat II that only Japan got for whatever reason.
Welcome, mortal! Muhahaha!
Switches & Soak Test
To unlock these options at the title screen, press Down, Left, Right, Right, Left, Down, Up when the cinematic story appears. Shao Kahn will say "Fight!" to confirm activation.
This menu allows you to manipulate different aspects of the game. Superb!
- 1 Hit P1: Any attack kills player one.
- 1 Hit P2: Any attack kills player two.
- Toasty: This will make Dan Forden's (sound designer) face appear for every uppercut.
- Constant Acid: The "Dead Pool" fatality is easier to perform. Just uppercut your opponent.
- Easy Smoke: This will allow either player to fight Smoke without meeting the "Toasty" requirement. Press Start when on "The Portal" stage to fight Smoke. Note that you need to be in two-player mode.
- Easy Jade: This will allow you to reach Jade from any stage. You must win a round by using Low Kick only.
- Noob: This will allow either player to fight Noob Saibot without meeting the fifty wins requirement. Note that you need to be in two-player mode.
- Hard Player 1: Player one's health will reset when it reaches zero.
- Hard Player 2: Player two's health will reset when it reaches zero.
- Artfull Scaling: Turns in-game scaling on. This is similar to Art of Fighting's mechanics.
This menu allows you to manipulate Attract mode. To reset the game, hold Select + Start for about five seconds.
- Background: Choose a level.
- Player 1: Choose the character for player 1.
- Player 2: Choose the character for player 2.
- Go Soak: Watch the demo battle.
- Exit: Quit.
Kodes to kill time. Excellent!
- Throwing Disabled: Hold Up or High Punch on both controllers before the round starts.
- Easy Dead Pool Fatality: When it says "Finish Him/Her," uppercut your opponent and quickly hold X afterwards.
In every .DAT file, programmer Gary Liddon hid this small bit of text to pad the files out to the 2048 byte boundaries.
Gary Liddon BYC rules the world ... as caffeine boy
At 8EC1C in SLPS_004.44 is a build date.
May 17 1996 13:00:53
- Pages missing developer references
- Games developed by Probe Entertainment
- Pages missing publisher references
- Games published by Acclaim Japan
- PlayStation games
- Pages missing date references
- Games released in 1996
- Games with hidden developer messages
- Games with hidden development-related text
- Games with debugging functions
- Mortal Kombat series
Cleanup > Pages missing date references
Cleanup > Pages missing developer references
Cleanup > Pages missing publisher references
Games > Games by content > Games with debugging functions
Games > Games by content > Games with hidden developer messages
Games > Games by content > Games with hidden development-related text
Games > Games by developer > Games developed by Throwback Entertainment > Games developed by Acclaim Entertainment > Games developed by Acclaim Studios Cheltenham > Games developed by Acclaim Studios London > Games developed by Probe Entertainment
Games > Games by platform > PlayStation games
Games > Games by publisher > Games published by Throwback Entertainment > Games published by Acclaim Entertainment > Games published by Acclaim Japan
Games > Games by release date > Games released in 1996
Games > Games by series > Mortal Kombat series