Mortal Kombat Trilogy (PlayStation)
|Mortal Kombat Trilogy|
This game has a prerelease article
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
The goriest soap-opera in the world does a best-of for the 32- and 64-bit era! Pity it was so broken gameplay-wise.
Alternate sprites of Goro punching.
A sprite which seems to show that Goro's fireball was going to have at least one more animation.
Goro kneeling. Possibly meant to be used when defeated, or perhaps it was copied from the first Mortal Kombat which had an unused kneeling animation.
Looks like there were plans to make the bosses finishable. There are sprites of baby versions of Goro, Kintaro and Shao Kahn. Unlike other baby sprites that were used in-game, these are standing.
A drill that seems to come out of the ground. Probably meant for Shao Kahn either as a special move or a finisher. There are also unused drill sprites (which don't have coming out of the ground sprites) in Mortal Kombat 3.
There are several unused text strings in the game's EXE.
- JOHNNY CAGE LOSES BIG TIME !!: Red herring left over from Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.
- TOBIAS WINS: Presumably some sort of developer in-joke.
- BOON WINS: Same as above. A development video may exist showing this.
- JOHHNY CAGE TRANSFORMATION ACTIVATED: A red herring left over from Mortal Kombat 3.
- HYPER FATALITY: Another UMK3 red herring.
The music was recorded at 48 KHz, but is played back at 44.1 KHz. This makes the music sound very sluggish, and is a glaring error to anyone this game was aimed at. This error is still present in the later 1.1 revision.