Proto:Tetris (DOS, AcademySoft)
This page details one or more prototype versions of Tetris (DOS, AcademySoft).
This prototype of Gerasimov's Tetris is contained within the Tetris Gold compilation CD-ROM disc, released in 1993.
|Download Tetris (AcademySoft Prototype)
File: Tetris (DOS, AcademySoft) (Proto).zip (13 KB) (info)
Odd Point Subtraction Feature
For some reason, there is a feature in which if you press Numpad 6 during gameplay, your points will be subtracted, or if you have none, your score will be negative.
- The title screen had rougher color cycling that would not always cover areas, and was generally much faster.
- The copyright info and creator info, on the prototype, is all just maroon-colored.
Level Set Screen
- The level setting screen for the prototype says What's your level as opposed to v1.0's Enter your level.
- Another difference would be the exact location of the text- for the prototype, it's to the leftmost middle. For v1.0, it's directly in the middle.
- The statistics for Tetriminos are just colors in the prototype, and are on the left, as opposed to the actual Tetriminos being depicted on the right in v1.0 and v3.12.
- The score number is gray in the prototype, but brown in v1.0.
- H E L P is on the right in the prototype, but was moved to the left in v1.0.
- The dark blue bullets are missing from the matrix in the prototype.
- In the prototype, the Game Over letters are dark blue with a black background.