Castlevania: The Adventure
|Castlevania: The Adventure|
Also known as: Dracula Densetsu (JP)
This game has regional differences.
The first Castlevania game on the Game Boy is a very slow platformer with a very good soundtrack.
|Japan, Game Boy||US, Game Boy||Europe, Game Boy||Japan, Super Game Boy||Game Boy Color|
- The Japanese version has a background with bats and a moon that was all removed in the international Game Boy versions and the logo was changed. In the European version, the copyright year was updated and "KONAMI INDUSTRY CO., LTD." was shortened to "KONAMI".
- In Japan, the game was re-released in 1997 as part of Konami GB Collection Vol. 1 for the Game Boy with Super Game Boy Support; and in 1999 it was released in Europe for the Game Boy Color as part of Konami GB Collection Vol. 1. In the European version, the title screen is reverted to the Japanese style, though the copyright info was removed.
- The Konami GB Collection version does not have the Konami logo at boot-up because the logo already appears before the game selection appears.
- The Japanese version's timer is slightly shorter than the international versions by 1 second.
- In the Game Boy Color version, before a level starts there is a screen-wipe transition effect.
- You are slightly faster in the Game Boy Color version.
- In the Game Boy Color version, the music lags sometimes.
|Game Boy||Game Boy Color|
- If you die in the Game Boy Color version, the background becomes sepia.