Angry Birds Transformers
|Angry Birds Transformers|
Angry Birds Transformers is a robotic shooter built off Exient's XGS engine. The game was good at launch but was and continuing to be very hefty with premium content and ways to try to hook you into the said material and also premium currency.
- 1 Leftover Angry Birds Go! Audio
- 2 Debugging Utilities
- 3 Internal Character Names
- 4 Leftover Splash Screens
- 5 Internal Project Name
- 6 Leftover Console Log
- 7 Leftover Developer Note
- 8 Missing Texture Handlers
- 9 Executable Launch Commands
- 10 Unused Computer DRM Activation
Leftover Angry Birds Go! Audio
In the game's asset directory, leftover audio clips from Angry Birds Go! are still present in each update to the game, code is also present and some is reused.
In the game's XML holding PAK and library file, there are mentions of a Debug Menu similar to the one in Angry Birds Go!, other debugging features are also mentioned.
Allows you to select any screen in the game if the file is/are present and has a call in the library and XML files.
- Metrics Shows player metrics data (Crashes the game on retail? Broken).
- Cycle Loc: Changes the language locale for a session, you cannot change back to the default one for the session due to that changes into the same language but with a different text format (unicode?), the Current value displays the current.
- Back: Returns to Map.
After choosing screen:
- Reload: Reloads the scene (No effect on retail? Broken).
- Back to Debug: Goes back to the Debug Menu.
Developer Cheat Menu
A developer cheat menu is also present in the game's files and library and it can do many things, in the game's files, it's referred to as CheatScreen, most likely meaning the Developer Cheat Screen.
- Add Currency: Adds 10K of each currency to a save except for Bat Pigs, Plasma and Tokens, use of this is capped with Coins/Sparks at 1M and Gems/Pigs at 100K.
- Reset Data: Wipes most of your save data, you may modify the beginning values for the new save before the next boot after.
- Live Event X: No effect? Maybe only works on developer servers?
- Change Mode: Changes the very right column from Event to Theme, Procedural, Cutscene or Layout.
- Debug Menu: Goes back to Debug Menu? (No effect on retail, broken function)
- Unlock Characters: Unlocks all locked characters at level 1 for a save, unreleased characters are also unlocked this way.
- Reset Live Events: No effect? Maybe only works on developer servers?
- Show Ver. Info.: Shows game and data version info, these include: Store Version (Game Version), Data Version (Assets Version), Mist/Cloud (CDN server), Data Changelist (Data in data/changelist.txt), Data Update Method (Asset updating method, SkyNest Server preferably), Device Type (Internal hardware name) and Device Config Used (name of the deviceconfig used for the specific device).
- Back: Back to Map.
- Lock/Unlock: Locks/unlocks a TF for a save with its accessories and level, does not add/remove a containment unit for them on the map, changes to Unlock if a TF is locked, unlocking TFs early can mess up the achievement status for them, you may also manage unreleased TFs this way.
- Clear X Accessory/ies: Removes all accessories for a TF.
- Character Level: X: Shows TF level and has up and down arrows to alter, often capped at level 25, unreleased TFs are normally capped at level 15.
- Enter Folder: Views the events directory in the PAK filesystem, Default is from xml.pak, others are in events/liveevents from xml_additional.pak, changes to Play when a file is selected, only select XML files and not XML.META files to avoid crashes.
Changes in Revisions
Figure out what versions added these.
- 1.??.?: added up and down arrows for toggling Live Events separately in clockwise and counterclockwise ordering, due to this, the Live Event button no longer has any effect when tapped but is still clickable however, it is now used as a display for the event.
- 1.??.? - 188.8.131.52: A difficulty scaling setting was added in the Procedural tab.
A menu allowing you to toggle these in-game features for the next bootup, also possible to reset to defaults:
- Elite Enemies = Makes the game use Elite Enemies.
- Alternate Event Flow = Allow you to choose characters for events.
- Auto Fire AI Uses Buttons = The autofire AI can use buttons.
- Character Promotion/Prestige = Characters can promote.
- Sign Posting = Allows you to sign post?
- Force Release Live Events = Forces release live events.
- Enable Spark Run = Allows Spark Run to be done.
Aside from these in-game options are:
CharacterBuyForGems, CharacterUpgradeOnFail, InstantCharacterRepair, MaxUpgrade, InstantEventSpawnBeforeSoundwave, JengaForGemsAndMoney, JengaWithCode, SiloUpgrade, ToonsTV, RefreshLabel, PostEventPopup, DailyReward, DoubleRewardsForGems, BuddyBoostForGems, RegionalAds, SoundtrackAdvert, SiloAdvert, ExpandedShop, BuyRegions, StarterBundle, UseChinaTextures, Download3GWarning, RestorePurchases, CodeEntry, UseReducedSettingsMenu, Telepods, MapAccessoryButton, AccessoryCharacterArrows, FacebookEnabled, PlatformEnabled, SnapshotEnabled, RateGamePopup, AllowSeasonalContent, ChinaMiscSettings, MiniconLevelBasedOnRarity, Gacha, ShockwavesSpire, BuyItemAfterGemIAP and CombinerRun.
Debug Tweakables XML
A debugging feature tweak list is present in xml.pak/global and is named: DebugTweakables.xml. It has a LOT of tweaks that are enabled (aside from true debugging tweaks) on every game bootup, even for a retail build, some code isn't present in the library and/or the XML logically, anything in XMLs ONLY from the Library can be used as settings are called from it and not the XMLs alone.
Other Debugging Functions
In-game debugging buttons are mentioned in xml.pak, in the UI directory, but they are hidden from releases.
Internal Character Names
The game simply doesn't always name the character like it's seen in-game internally, They follow these unique names below:
Get all languages.
|Internal Name/String ID||In-Game Name (English)|
|optimusRed||Red as Optimus Prime|
|BumbleChuck||Chuck as Bumblebee|
|SoundWave||Chef Pig as Soundwave|
|bludgeon||King Pig as Bludgeon|
|heatWave||Terrence as Heatwave|
|LockDown||Mustache Pig as Lockdown|
|ultraMagnus||Red as Ultra Magnus|
|galvatron||Corporal Pig as Galvatron|
|SoundBlaster||Chef Pig as Soundblaster|
|sentinelPrime||Terrence as Sentinel Prime|
|thunderCracker||Minion Pig as Thundercracker|
|Jazz||Bubbles as Jazz|
|SoundWave||Chef Pig as Soundwave|
|brawl||King Pig as Brawl|
|grimLock||Hal as Grimlock|
|starScream||Minion Pig as Energon Starscream|
|SoundWaveEnergon||Chef Pig as Energon Soundwave|
|grimLockEnergon||Hal as Energon Grimlock|
|LockDownEnergon||Mustache Pig as Energon Lockdown|
|galvatronEnergon||Corporal Pig as Energon Galvatron|
|optimusRedEnergon||Red as Energon Optimus Prime|
|megaPorkUltimate||King Pig as Ultimate Megatron|
|optimusRedUltimate||Red as Ultimate Optimus Prime|
|BumbleChuckHighOctane||Chuck as High Octane Bumblebee|
|grimLockGoldBite||Hal as Goldbite Grimlock|
|megaPork||King Pig as Dark Megatron|
|arcee||Stella as Arcee|
|airachnid||Stella as Airachnid|
|ratchet||Terrence as Ratchet|
|BlueStreak||The Blues as Bluestreak|
|NemesisPrime||Red as Nemesis Prime|
|AcidStorm||Minion Pig as Acidstorm|
|EpicOptimus||Red as Epic Optimus|
|BumbleChuckFire||Chuck as Rodimus
|Shockwave||King Pig as Shockwave|
|Prowl||The Blues as Prowl|
|hotRod||Chuck as Rodimus|
|Richochet||Bomb as Richochet|
|Deadend||Mustache Pig as Dead End|
|Drift||Bomb as Drift|
|WindBlade||Silver as Windblade|
|skywarp||Minion Pig as Skywarp|
|g1starscream||Minion Pig as Starscream|
|sunstorm||Minion Pig as Sunstorm|
|wheelJack||Bomb as Wheeljack|
|Smokescreen||The Blues as Smokescreen|
|chromia||Stella as Chromia|
|blaster||Bubbles as Blaster|
|trypticon||Hal as Trypticon|
|scorponok||Corporal Pig as Scorponok|
|Barricade||Mustache Pig as Barricade|
|Sideswipe||Bubbles as Sideswipe|
|EnergonWindBlade||Silver as Energon Windblade|
|Nautica||Matilda as Nautica|
|RedAlert||Bubbles as Red Alert|
|EnergonShockwave||King Pig as Energon Shockwave|
|EnergonNautica||Matilda as Energon Nautica|
|Hound||Terrence as Hound|
|Elita||Silver as Elita One|
|Sunstreaker||Bubbles as Sunstreaker|
|Strongarm||Silver as Strongarm|
|EnergonWindBlade||Minion Pig as Energon Windblade|
|MotorMaster||Mustache Pig as Motormaster|
|Beachcomber||The Blues as Beachcomber|
|EnergonMegatron||King Pig as Energon Megatron|
|CliffJumper||Chuck as Cliffjumper?
|Moonracer||Stella as Moonracer|
|EnergonBumblebee||Chuck as Energon Bumblebee|
|NemesisHotRod||Chuck as Nemesis Hot Rod|
|Novastar||Stella as Novastar|
|ClassicBumblebee||Chuck as Classic Bumblebee|
|Ironhide||Terrence as Ironhide|
|Mirage||Bubbles as Mirage|
|Alphatrion||Mighty Eagle as Alpha Trion|
|Breakdown||Chef Pig as Breakdown|
|Grapple||Bomb as Grapple|
|superion||Terrence as Superion|
|Dragstrip||Bubbles as Dragstrip|
|Devastator||Minion Pig as Devastator|
|Greenlight||Stella as Greenlight|
Leftover Splash Screens
The game's UISplash.pak file in the base game has textures for almost every single splash screen in the game, a few are oddly not in the XGT format.
Internal Project Name
The game library is named ABBS and some of the game's files have bs, abbs, or abt in the name. The Rovio cloud CDN URL mentions BlueSteel when looking for assets, so the game's internal project name was likely "Angry Birds: Blue Steel". crashes.meta also mentions the product name as BlueSteel.
Leftover Console Log
In the game's ui_additional.pak file on iOS or in the OBB file on Android, a file called xgsconsole_log.html carried from Angry Birds GO! is present in seasonal/thanksgiving/ui/textures, it shows an error message log regarding XGSCore.
XGSConsole::Open() - debug console opened ********************************* ******* ASSERTION FAILED ******* ********************************* FILE : XGSCore\Common\XGSFileSystem\XGSFileSystem.cpp LINE : 635 CONDITION : (eErr == EXGSError::OK) || (eErr == EXGSError::FileNotFound) DETAILS : Error 14 (00000020) received by filesystem code
Leftover Developer Note
In the game's xml_additional.pak filesystem, a file at the root directory called changethispak.xml is present, it only says <ChangeThisPakThough/>, meaning the developers noted they were going to modify the PAK file but it never happened as of anytime soon.
Missing Texture Handlers
If an expected character icon sprite is missing in the game's files, a ball with purple and pink squares will replace it, this could happen when using unreleased characters with the same partner from using the Developer Menu.
If an expected texture is missing, it will show the game logo instead.
Executable Launch Commands
Test these if possible.
The game's library mentions these commands:
- --ignoreRovioLogo = Jumps to splash screen at bootup.
- --ignoreDownloads = Skips downloading/updating of assets.
- --ignoreSplashScreen = Ignores splash screen, directly boots game.
- --level= Forces the game to boot a specific level, sets all above parameters except the first one.
- --enable-profile-test Loads EventDef_World00_EventProfile.xml to test the deviceconfig being used, such a file does not exist.
- --nopak = Makes the game not use PAKs but use direct data folders.
- --testnews = Simulates a news broadcast? Also uses ignoreDownloads.
- --difficulty-bot = Chooses the difficulty bot character?
- --sparkrun-bot: = Unknown.
Unused Computer DRM Activation
The game was likely planned for some time to be on computers (or Steam) but it was cancelled likely for the favor of mobile devices, the game library mentions PC DRM, including the DRM server URL, links and protocols.
The Angry Birds series
|iOS||Angry Birds • Epic • Stella • Transformers • Fight! • 2 • Football! • Go!|
|Android||Angry Birds • Epic • Seasons • Space • Rio • Star Wars • Star Wars II • Stella • Transformers • Fight! • 2 • Go! • Friends • Football! • Bad Piggies|
|Windows||Angry Birds • Seasons • Space • Rio • Friends • Star Wars • Bad Piggies|
|HTML5||Chrome • Pistachios|
|Mac OS X||Seasons • Space • Star Wars|
|Adobe Flash||Breakfast • Ultrabook • Friends • Vuela Tazos • Heikki • Lotus F1 Team|
The Transformers series
|NES||Convoy no Nazo|
|Nintendo 64||Beast Wars Transmetals|
|Game Boy (Color)||Kettou Transformers Beast Wars: Beast Senshi Saikyou Ketteisen|
|PlayStation 2||Transformers (Prototypes)|
|Nintendo DS||War For Cybertron|
|Windows||The Game • Devastation|
|iOS, Android||Angry Birds Transformers|