Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
|Donkey Kong Jungle Beat|
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
Investigate every single level and object.
Who needs controllers when you have bongos? Apparently, not Donkey Kong.
A leftover test-track that comes from Super Mario World. A similar, if not identical, test stream exists in The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures.
find a way to get list of Japanese level names to compare with internal names
Unlike some of Nintendo EAD's other games, the internal file structure for Jungle Beat is very nicely organized. As such, characters and stages have internal names that they are consistently referred to by, many of which are the same as their official names in Japan.
- Ninja Kong, known as Bushido Kong (ブシドーコング) in Japan, is referred to as Miyamoto. This is likely a reference to Miyamoto Musashi, a legendary Japanese swordsman, rather than game designer Shigeru Miyamoto.
- Sumo Kong, known as Hyakkan Kong (ヒャッカンコング) in Japan, is referred to as Akebono. This is likely a reference to Akebono Tarō, a popular, then-recently-retired sumo wrestler.
- Karate Kong, known as Konfu Kong (コンフーコング) in Japan, is simply referred to as Konfu. This is likely not just an omission, as Dread Kong has "kong" in his internal name.
- The stage Magma Coliseum is referred to as InfernalZoo. This puts a different perspective on the theme of the stage, which has you fighting a bunch of enemies one after the other in a lava-filled cavern.
- The stage Asteroid Belt is referred to as UnderGroundMaze. While the stage is space-themed, this still does make sense as much of the stage takes place inside large, hollow asteroids.
|The Donkey Kong series|
|Arcade||Donkey Kong • Donkey Kong Jr. • Donkey Kong 3|
|Atari 8-bit family||Donkey Kong|
|NES||Donkey Kong • Donkey Kong Jr. • Donkey Kong Jr. Math|
|Game Boy (Color)||Donkey Kong • Donkey Kong Land • Donkey Kong Land 2 • Donkey Kong Land III (Prototype) • Donkey Kong Country|
|SNES||Donkey Kong Country • Donkey Kong Country 2 • Donkey Kong Country 3|
|Nintendo 64||Donkey Kong 64 (Prototype) • Diddy Kong Racing|
|Game Boy Advance||Donkey Kong Country • Donkey Kong Country 2 • Donkey Kong Country 3 • Mario vs. Donkey Kong (Prototype) • Diddy Kong Pilot (Banjo-Pilot Prototypes) • DK: King of Swing|
|GameCube||Donkey Konga • Donkey Konga 2 • Donkey Kong Jungle Beat|
|Wii||Donkey Kong Barrel Blast • Donkey Kong Country Returns|
|Nintendo DS||DK: Jungle Climber • Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis (Prototype) • Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! • Diddy Kong Racing DS|
|Wii U||Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze|
|Adobe Flash||DK: King of Swing - Hurling for Distance • DKC 3: Barrel Blastapalooza|