Proto:Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (Game Boy Advance)
This page details one or more prototype versions of Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (Game Boy Advance).
This prototype is documented on Hidden Palace.
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
Prototype v0.6 of the GBA Donkey Kong Country 3 was released by Forest of Illusion on January 5, 2022. Dated May 6, 2005, around the time the game was presented at E3.
Differences beyond the start of the game.
- The Health & Safety screen is absent in this build.
- The copyright years were separated by a comma, instead of a dash.
- The title screen also opened up with an iris, instead of fading in like in the final.
- The pre-save menu with the selections "Main Game" and "Extras" is unlocked from the start.
The lettering for the text in the Pause menu, and other instances like in Swanky's Dash, was a lot smaller.
The text for saving a game was shorter.
Belcha's Barn lacks a flag on the map. This is consistent with the SNES version, but not the GBA remake nor the other boss levels in this build.
The level order in Kremwood Forest still matches the SNES version, with Barrel Shield Bust-Up as the first level and Springin' Spiders as the fourth.
Brash's Stadium is still titled "Brash's Cabin", as it was in the SNES version. Given that the GBA version is clearly not a cabin, it was renamed for the final.
The flag outside of Arich's Ambush does not change even after clearing the boss fight.
- The regular boss theme has an instrument that is glitched. It gets stuck on one note for the entire track.
- Enchanted Riverbank is arranged differently: Instead of having a "land" half and a "water" half which play depending on whether the Kongs are on land or underwater, it's a single long track that plays both halves one after the other.