This page details one or more prototype versions of Wii.
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
A pre-release US version of the Wii Menu exists in the leaked Nintendo internal data posted on 17th October 2020. This version of the Wii menu was built on Sep 24, 2006; about two weeks before the final version.
Upload more images and do more research. The MarioCube wiki is the only site that has information about this.
- There is a timestamp present on the health and safety screen.
- The settings menu is mostly localised, but localised settings data is present in the WAD, albeit unused.
- Error screens are unfinished.
- Empty channel slots can be highlighted.
- Entering the Wii Save Data menu in Data Management causes the menu to crash.
- Animation oddities, such as the Wii Message board showing briefly when entering Wii Options.
- The 'Start' Button on the Disc Channel isn't greyed out when no disc is inserted. Pressing it plays an error sound instead.
- Onscreen debug output is displayed in some setting menus.