Sega Master System BIOS
|Sega Master System BIOS|
Also known as: Gam*Boy (KR original), Aladdin Boy (KR later)
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
More revisional and regional differences.
Most versions of the Master System had games preinstalled, accessed if the console was turned on without a cartridge inserted.
- US/EU v1.3 (1986): The original retail release. On this version, press Up + 1 + 2 on Controller 1 on the instructions screen to play Snail Maze.
- v2.0 (1987): An uncommon version, uncertain region. Does not have Snail Maze.
- JP v2.1 (1987): Does not have Snail Maze.
- US/EU v2.4 (1988) with Hang-On & Safari Hunt. This and the next version will load Snail Maze if Up + 1 + 2 are held on Controller 1 when the BIOS intro is finished.
- US/EU v3.4 (1988) with Hang-On
- US/EU v4.4 (1988) with Missile Defense 3-D. Released in "Super System" bundles that did not have the game as a separate cart. Snail Maze is absent from here on.
- US/EU Master System II (1990) with a slightly altered version of Alex Kidd in Miracle World
- EU Master System II (1991) with a slightly altered version of Sonic the Hedgehog (the game's ending sequence was removed to fit in the BIOS). While this and the below check all three slots (cartridge, card, and expansion), they were used only on units that omitted the latter two.
- KR Super Gam*Boy II/Aladdin Boy (1991?) with Alex Kidd in Miracle World
|...But what does it mean?|
This game has text or audio that needs to be translated. If you are fluent with this language, please read our translation guidelines and then
The Japanese Master System has the YM2413 FM chip built in, and a unique BIOS screen featuring graphics and music from Space Harrier.