SNES Classic Edition
|SNES Classic Edition|
Also known as: Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Famicom (JP), Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (EU/AU)
The SNES Classic Edition is a miniaturized plug-and-play version of the original SNES console. It has 20 pre-installed games plus one previously unreleased game built into it. The system is run by a Linux kernel called sunxi Linux, much like its predecessor, and the lack of security measure meant the ROMs were dumped from and added to it almost immediately.
Inside of the /etc folder, the following message can be found in a file called nineties. This is not a haiku, which typically goes 5-7-5 rather than the 5-8-6 used here.
Enjoy this Mini, Disconnect from the present, and Go back to the nineties.
As with the NES Classic, the SNES Classic has five games exclusive to each region.
Exclusive to the international versions:
Exclusive to the Japanese version:
- Fire Emblem: Monshou no Nazo
- Ganbare Goemon: Yukihime Kyuushutsu Emaki
- Panel de Pon
- Super Formation Soccer
- Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers
It is also worth noting that any games which originally had different titles in Europe and Australia (Kirby's Fun Pak, Starwing, and Super Probotector: Alien Rebels) now use their respective American and/or original Japanese monikers. The original European/Australian names are still referenced on the back of the box, however.
- The design of the main menu in the American version is based off the North American design of the SNES. Likewise, the design of the main menu in the European/Australian version is based off the PAL Version design of the SNES, and the Japanese version is based off of the design of the Super Famicom.
- The international versions have a language select option. This is absent in the Japanese version.