NES Classic Edition
|NES Classic Edition|
Also known as: Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System (EU/AU), Nintendo Classic Mini: Family Computer (JP)
Nintendo throws their hat into the Plug & Play ring with a miniaturized NES that includes 30 built-in games. Good luck finding one near its retail price, though.
Found in /usr/bin/kachikachi at 0x59988 is this message:
This is the hanafuda captain speaking. Launching emulation in 3..2..1. Many efforts, tears and countless hours have been put into this jewel. So, please keep this place tidied up and don't break everything! Cheers, the hanafuda captain.
The name "Hanafuda Captain" is most likely a reference to the hanafuda cards that Nintendo used to distribute long before they became a video game company.
There are eight games exclusive to each version of the console.
Exclusive to the international version:
- Bubble Bobble
- Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
- Donkey Kong Jr.
- Final Fantasy
- Kid Icarus
- Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
- Tecmo Bowl
Exclusive to the Japanese version:
- Atlantis no Nazo
- Downtown Nekketsu Koushin Kyoku
- Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari
- Final Fantasy III
- Mario Open Golf
- Solomon's Key
- Tsuppari Oozumou
- Yie Ar Kung-Fu
Any games that originally had different titles in Europe and Australia (Shadow Warriors and Probotector II: Return of the Evil Forces) now use their respective American monikers. The original European/Australian name of the former is still referenced on the back of the box, however.
|This page or section needs more images. |
There's a whole lotta words here, but not enough pictures. Please fix this.
- The design of the main menu in the international version is based off the design of the NES. Likewise, the design of the main menu in the Japanese version is based off of the design of the Famicom.
- The game icons in the Japanese version are rounder than in the international version.
- The international version has a language select option. This is absent in the Japanese version.
Shonen Jump Edition
A special gold-colored edition of the Famicom Mini featuring 20 games based on various Shonen Jump properties was released in Japan in July 2018.
- Ankoku Shinwa: Yamato Takeru Densetsu
- Captain Tsubasa
- Captain Tsubasa Vol. II: Super Striker
- Dragon Ball: Shenron no Nazo
- Dragon Ball 3: Gokuuden
- Dragon Ball Z: Kyoushuu! Saiya Jin
- Dragon Quest
- Famicom Jump: Eiyuu Retsuden
- Famicom Jump II: Saikyou no 7 Nin
- Hokuto no Ken
- Hokuto no Ken 3: Shin Seiki Sōzō: Seiken Retsuden
- Kinnikuman: Kinniku-sei Oi Sodatsusen
- Magical Taruruuto-kun FANTASTIC WORLD!!
- Kinnikuman: Muscle Tag Match
- Rokudenashi Blues
- Saint Seiya: Ogon Densetsu
- Saint Seiya: Ogon Densetsu Kanketsu-hen
- Sakigake!! Otokojuku Shippu Ichi Go Sei
- Tenchi wo Kurau