Star Wars Episode I: Racer (Nintendo 64)
|Star Wars Episode I: Racer|
Star Wars Episode I: Racer is a Star Wars-based racing game based on The Phantom Menace.
Start up a new game file. At the name entry dialog, hold the Z button and type in RRTANGENTABACUS using the L button. While still holding Z, press End with L and if you typed in the code correctly, you'll get an "OK" and the name will be blanked. Now, enter any name and start a race.
During the race, pause the game and rotate the D-Pad counter-clockwise. This will open up a neat set of debug options, under the guise of a fourth menu item: "Game Cheats". This menu is navigated by using the joystick or C-buttons to scroll between items and the D-Pad to switch between settings. The D-Pad must be pressed for every increment change.
Explain what all the stuff does, since there's a lot of it.
- Debug Level - 0 by default. Values range from 0 to 6. For 2 and above, two variables labeled "COMP" and "POS" appear in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Invincibility - Off by default. Toggles between On and Off. As the name implies it prevents high speed collision crashes and damages done by hitting walls and residual engine fire. The animations and effects for hitting walls and engine fires are still shown. The exception is that it will still cause crashes if the pod is in places that it is not possible to recover back to the track.
- AI Level X10 - 8.64 by default. Left and Right change increments by 0.01, while Up and Down change increments by 0.10.
- AI Spread - 20.00 by default. Left and Right change increments by 0.50, while Up and Down change increments by 5.00. Values range from 2.00 to 200.00.
- Death SpeedMin - 325.00 by default. Left and Right change increments by 1.00, while Up and Down change increments by 10.00. Values range from 20.00 to 1000.00.
- Death SpeedDrop - 140.00 by default. Left and Right change increments by 1.00, while Up and Down change increments by 10.00. Values range from 20.00 to 500.00.
- Spline Markers - Off by default. Toggles between On and Off.
- Mirrored Mode - Off by default. When set to "On", the 3D rendering is flipped horizontally (left to right).
- Edit Vehicle Stats - See below.
Edit Vehicle Stats
Brings up another menu which presumably allows you to change various statistics for each racer. Highlighting "Name" and using the C-buttons or D-Pad allows the player to edit other racers.
When the debug mode is enabled, some build info will be displayed in the pause menu.
|US Version||EU Version||JP Version|
Present at 0xA3301 in the ROM is a partially cut off message.
This file is LucasArts Proprietary and Confid