SpongeBob's Truth or Square (PlayStation Portable)
|SpongeBob's Truth or Square|
A port of the Wii and Xbox 360 versions made by a different developer. Unlike those versions, this version for some reason has two extra levels and multiplayer minigames.
There are test levels.
|This page or section has one or more broken YouTube links. |
Please find an archived version of the video(s) or a suitable replacement.
Many playblasts of the cutscenes in an unfinished state are present.
Among the icons for the multiplayer characters are Larry and Gary. Larry doesn't appear throughout the whole game, and his image also looks to be taken from an episode.
Everything is in a different font than what's used, and the there seem to be two unused minigames, Spongebob Boompants and War & Piece(s). The latter is probably an early name for Incoming!!, but the former is a mystery.
Some sort of grid.
A temporary graphic for collision.
In the tutorial videos of "Check Please" and "Collide & Conch-er" in the PSP multiplayer party games, the floor has a darker lighting than the actual party game.
Differences to the Xbox 360/Wii Versions
The PSP version seems to have been based off an earlier version of the console versions, due to several oddities.
- Some music tracks were replaced with others. A majority were also shortened and/or removed due to space limitations.
- The lighting is extremely bland in this version, mostly being just a dull gray.
- This version includes 2 extra levels, Squidward's Talent Show (based off Culture Shock), and Ambush At Krusty Krab (based off Krusty Krab Training Video).
- Subtitles shown on cutscenes are on the very bottom of the screen and the text has a very small font while overlapped on a black transparent border instead of a blue rectangle.
- With the exception of pre-rendered cutscenes, small cutscenes, such as stage and enemy introductions, cannot be skipped.
- SpongeBob instantly moves to the direction where the analog stick is pushed towards to instead of turning around first.
- Using the spatula move in mid-air damages twice on normal enemies.
- In-game hub world dialogues are only voiced and subtitled as opposed to the console versions, which has characters animated to match the dialogues.
- Also, the PSP version lacks the letterbox screen during dialogues.
- Prawn is in a T-pose, instead of his regular pose.
- When the SpongeBuff power up is enabled, holes above SpongeBob's eyes can be seen.
- There's fewer costumes and health upgrades are brought in SpongeBob's chest.
- Costumes are texture changes instead of actual model changes.
- Several graphics have been scaled down.
- The icon for when SpongeBob is near death is different.
- The ending to Kelp Forest is different, instead of Sandy rising from the water fighting the clam, she's standing next to the clam.
- Instead of ice and jelly for the Pat-bot, it was changed to ice-cream and candy.
- The balloon icon is orange instead of pinkish-purple.