Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (Arcade)
|Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition|
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
Very incomplete. There are unused animations here. Also, try to see if there's anything else.
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition is the second updated version of the original Street Fighter IV (following Super Street Fighter IV), which adds Yang, Yun, Evil Ryu, and Oni to the roster.
It would later be followed up by Ultra Street Fighter IV in 2014.
- Forward+MP : Ryu's overhead.
- Crotch punch. The move appears to change Abel's skeleton when performed.
- Unused super combo version of Soulless : Abel starts by an overhead strike, that goes into a combo, and then perform one of his command throws, depending of the player's choice. The final throw of two versions of this super isn't finished, and the third one looks like it was kept as his Ultra 1 animation.
- Zenshen : Dan's USF4 omega mode 360°+Punch command grab is present, fully-animated with camera angles, and even has its EX version.
- extended Back+LP : Makes Dhalsim perform an elbow chop, with the same flash that focus attacks have.
- Wave : Overhead-looking heatbutt animation.
- down+MK (in-air only) : Normal move that looks like a body press.
- Neutral throw : His neutral throw from Street Fighter 3 and the Street Fighter Alpha series. This throw animation would be later used as his forward throw in Street Fighter X Tekken.
- Forward+HP : Makes Gen perform Ryu's Solar Plexus Strike, and only hits crouching opponents.
- Downwards airdash.
- Dive kick.
- Air fireball : Oni's final backdash animation, but throwing a horizontal fireball at the same time.
- close LP : Akuma's.
- close MK : Akuma's.
- far LK : Akuma's.
- far HK : Akuma's.
- Teleport : Akuma's. Uses Oni's super animation.
- Ground Soul Throw : While Rose's final Soul Throw move has her jumping forward to grab a jumping opponent, she also has an unused ground version that catches a jumping opponent from far away. When successfully pulled, it goes into her forward throw animation.
- Shakunetsu Hadouken: Sitting in Ryu's character file is "Fire Hadouken", a.k.a Shakunetsu Hadouken. Weirdly enough, it has its own script (other EX move versions are named "SPECIALNAME_EX" while this one is "FIRE_HADOKEN_L/M/H" (for their respective versions). All versions are functionally identical to Ryu's EX fireball, with no differences between versions or an EX version. The classic half circle forward punch (41236) motion input is also still in Ryu's character file. L is used (When Ryu does an EX Hadouken, it calls for the "FIRE_HADOKEN_L" script), but M and H are unused. The fact it has its own motion input, multiple versions and isn't named HADOKEN_EX implies that originally, it wasn't going to be Ryu's EX Hadouken, but a separate special move.
The second revision, dubbed "Version 2012", fixed bugs, modified frame advantages and changed the amount of damage of some moves.