Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition (Genesis)
|Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition|
Also known as: Street Fighter II' Plus: Champion Edition (JP)
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition was the first Street Fighter II port on the Genesis, thus starting a long tradition of breaking exclusives...
A stripped-down version of the Street Fighter II object test, which tests character sprites and animations.
- Up/Down - Selects animation pattern number.
- Left/Right - Flips character horizontally.
- A - Hold to animate.
- C + Up/Down - Selects character.
- C + Left/Right - Flips character vertically.
- X - Increments animation frame.
- X + Up/Down/Left/Right - Moves character around.
- Y - Toggles display of character sprite, hitboxes, shadows, tile numbers, and center position.
- Z - Increases animation pattern number with $10 (16). Beware, the game will glitch and crash if you use it too many times...
A stripped-down version of the Street Fighter II scroll test, which is a stage background test with a palette editor. When entering the scroll test, you will first get to a stage selection screen. Select a stage with the D-Pad and press A to enter it.
- D-Pad: Move around.
- A: Returns to the stage selection screen.
- B: Resets position
- C: Enters the Palette Editor
- D-Pad: Move cursor.
- A: Increases the color.
- B: Decreases the color.
- C: Exits the palette editor
- X: Selects the palette. There are four palettes.
- Y: Toggles hex view.
- Z: Moves the palette editor to the left or right side of the screen.
Just like what it says on the tin. Use the D-Pad to move the cursor and select sounds.
- A: plays the selected BGM + SE sound.
- B: plays the selected PCM CH.1 sample.
- C: plays the selected PCM CH.2 sample.
- X: toggles pause on or off.
If the game crashes, it'll display this crash handler.
- The Japanese version is region-free, leaving its lockout text unused.
- International versions changed the intro character being punched from black to white, and his hair style. Additionally, the Dash and Excite title screen options were renamed to Champion and Hyper.