Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams (Arcade)
|Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams|
Also known as: Street Fighter Zero (except US and EU)
This game marked the time in the series when the once seemingly impossible happened: Capcom moved on from making re-releases of Street Fighter II, finally!
To activate a character test menu, set
0A when in the test menu. Setting it during gameplay or attract mode can cause the game to lock up, blackout, or throw ADDRESS ERROR/ILLEGAL INSTRUCTION messages, similar to the messages appearing in Mega Man: The Power Battle.
Setting the value to
06 instead (while in the test menu), or pressing both players' Start buttons, causes the game to lock up at the test menu's main mode. The other listed features are SCR2 and SCR3 BLOCK TEST, MESSAGE TEST, ATACK CHECK EX, and SCROLL TEST. They probably would have worked similarly to the ones in X-Men: Children of the Atom.
There's a lot more text differences between the Japanese version and other regions, translate them and compare.
• Manual operation • Guards yourself
The Japanese version has a description for the Manual mode on the character select screen, like the Auto mode also does. On the international versions, the box is conspicuously empty instead.
This game marks the first time that the demon-looking
Ryu/Ken head swap character's name would be mentioned in-game (although it was also mentioned in other media after Super Street Fighter II Turbo). Gouki in Japan and Akuma elsewhere.
|...But what does it mean?|
This game has text or audio that needs to be translated. If you are fluent with this language, please read our translation guidelines and then
In the Japanese version, Sodom's quotes are the most unique in the cast because he speaks by saying some English words together and forming seemingly nonsensical sentences that sound like Japanese words. For international versions, the uniqueness of his dialogue was taken out and turned into normal quotes.
Here, Sodom's win quotes are structured by what he says, and in parenthesis is what he thinks he's saying.
|GO CLACK, JAW BOOTS！
(Meaning: Go to Heaven!)
|Gokuraku Jōbutsu (極楽浄土！)|
|DO MORE SWIM A SEND！
|Oh, I'm sorry!||Dōmo Suimasen! (どうもすいません！)|
|GO SHOES SHOW SUMMER！
(Meaning: It was a pity!)
|"GO SHOES SHOW SUMMER" is a play on "Goshūshōsama"|
(ご愁傷様), which means "My greatest condolences".
|OH, ME GO TOO！
(Meaning: Not bad eh!)
|"OH, ME GO TOO" is a play on "O migoto"|
(お見事), which means "Impressive".
|YOU'LL SAME A SEND！
(Meaning: You'll never leave alive!)
|DIE GET KEY, DO！
(Meaning: I can't take any more!)
|FOOL INK A THAN！
|As swift as wind, as gentle as forest, as fierce as fire, as unshakable as mountain.
|Fūrin Kazan (風林火山！)|
|NEVER NEVER NOT OH！
(Meaning: Tenacious one!)
|Nebaneba Nattō (ねばねば納豆！)|
|SORRY DIE ZING！
|I'm Prime Minister!
(Meaning: I am the best!)
|"SORRY DIE ZING" is a play on "Sōri daijin"|
(総理大臣), which means "Prime minister".
|SHOW GUN I DEATH！
|That's the way it goes.
(Meaning: Give it up!)
|Shō ga nai desu! (しょうがないです！)|
|DIE JOB DEATH CAR？
|Are you OK?
(Meaning: Oh, finished already!)
|"DIE JOB DEATH CAR" is a play on "Daijobu desu ka"|
(大丈夫ですか), which means "Are you OK?".
|SHOW SEA SEND BANG！
|Shōshi Senban! (笑止千万！)|
|UP A RAY !!
|OH, AT EARLY！！
|I win!!||ōatari!! (大当たり！！)|
|WHAT SOME BEAT？
(Meaning: You feel that?!)
|SHOW BY HUNG JAW！
|We're in business!
(Meaning: I'm on a roll today!)
|Shōbai Hanjō! (商売繁盛！)|
|Guess I beat you pretty
bad. Nothing personal.
|Creo que fui amablemente
|Acho que bati muito |
forte. Nada pessoal.
|Not bad. Maybe you
should work for me.
|No estuvo mal ¡Hasta
podrías ser mi empleado!
|Nada mal. Talvez deva |
trabalhar para mim.
|You will not interfere
with my plans!
|¡Tu no interfieras con
|Você nao irá interferir |
nos meus planos.
|You're just too weak!||Resumiendo ¡Eres
muy débil para mi!
|Você é muito fraco!|
- Sodom went from being confident about winning in the Japanese version to having a violent bloodlust in international versions.
- International versions make Sodom claim that Guy ruined his life, which is not mentioned in the Japanese version.
- Guy became cocky in the international versions.
Y... you’re from that time’s!
For a 1 on 1 battle,
Still don’t learn by experience do you...
You ruined my
I'll make you
Didn't I beat
¿Tú otra vez?
No volverás a
¿No te basta
Você de novo?
Eu o farei
Nao te bati
Add the Continue screen's tips and translate them.
The Japanese version gives gameplay advice at the bottom of the Continue screen. As usual of Capcom, these tips were completely taken out in international versions.
- The script on the international versions added mention of a new Mad Gear headquarters being made, which the Japanese version doesn't mention at all.
- Sodom's "EVERYBODY!" quote was changed to "Gentlemen!", which is somewhat unfortunate since Poison is one of the Mad Gear members shown to be present in the pictures.
- The joke of Mad Gear's new name was lost in the international versions, simply being something the characters can't read. In the Japanese version, the joke was that Sodom spelled the name wrong and resulting in a completely different meaning.
Mad Gear’s rebirth.
Clear-sighted on belief for that dream, Sodom
"This is new
"Demonic Slaves Honor Evil (MADGEAR)!!"
Sodom’s hope... with that, this name will
For we beg you, stop it already!
Rebuilding of Mad
the Mad Gear gang
Our new gang name.
How do you like?
Sodom hopes that
spread fear all
That's so stupid!
la pandilla Mad
La pandilla tiene
¡Hey ¡Es muy
A gang do Mad
Novo nome dda gang
Sodom espera que
propague pavor por
Isso é estúpido!
- Adon's Jaguar Varied Assault can't connect in the Japanese version after a punch or kick as the hit counter breaks after trying. This is not the case in the international versions.
- On the Dramatic Battle mode (Ryu/Ken vs Dictator), an instrumental version of "Itoshisa to Setsunasa to Kokoro Tsuyosa to" from Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie plays in the Japanese version, referencing the film's climax. On versions outside of Japan, it is simply replaced with Dictator's normal theme. The song can't be normally played from the sound test in any version and is also excluded from the console ports, including all regions of the CPS Changer version.