Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PlayStation Portable)
|Persona 2: Innocent Sin|
Persona 2: Innocent Sin is a remaster of the PSX version and the version people outside of Japan could finally play. However there was some censorship, mostly due to changes regarding the CERO ratings board in Japan between the remake's release.
Like the PlayStation version, there's a debug menu that is invisible, but still works. This contains event viewers, dungeon viewers, sound tests and more.
USA code: _C1 Opening Movie = Debug Menu _L 0x20017DE0 0E21080F
There's a option in the debug mode to view every dungeon in the game. However trying to view most maps crashes the game except for the DLC maps and one map from going down the river.
CPU & GPU Meter
Apply the below code to enable a debug CPU & GPU meter.
USA code: _C1 Enable CPU & GPU Meter _L 0x204A2770 00000001
|This page or section has one or more broken YouTube links. |
Please find an archived version of a video or a suitable replacement.
There's two unused items meant to have the entire party to absorb single physical or magical attack for one turn. It crashes the game attempting to use them.
A placeholder background image. The text translates to Black Background.
A temporary map icon for St. Hermelin High School. The text reads Erumin Gakuen (Temporary).
Probably the strangest thing but there's a save and splash icon for the game called Big Bang Bang, a demo made by Sony a month before the PSP launched.
There's unused contact line text for the unused boss called Devil Joker in TM_EVE.BNP.
Devil Joker: I will return all to nothing!
There's unused text for the CD shop lady in Giga Macho in CD_SHOP.BIN.
Oh, this message shouldn't show up.
Contact Kanada message
If using the debug mode to visit Trish healing fountain and attempting to leave, you'll get a message that was used for developers/game testers.
Regional Differences & PSP censorship
- The North American and European versions never gotten the dungeon creator and the DLC quests from the Japanese version, so they can only play two DLC quests that already comes with the game itself.
- Many text changes that aren't in the Japanese version.
- Anna smoking a cigarette in Club Zodiac is removed in all versions of the PSP remaster for unknown reasons.
- Direct mentions of homosexual nature are removed, altrough implications of these are not.
- References to Nazi's are all censored and renamed, this includes:
- Hitler being renamed to Führer (which translates from German to "leader"), he now wears a pair of sunglasses and his Nazi uniform is covered by a coat.
- All Swastikas being removed and replaced with a different symbol.
- Nazi's are completely replaced in the game's script to just mention the Last Battalion organization.
Altough Atlus or the game's developers never commented on the reason, the most accurate speculation is that these changes were made both to prepare for a north american/european localization, as well as the CERO ratings board having a rule in which they prohibit the use of historical, real life people and organizations in fictional media.