Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PlayStation Portable)
|Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin|
Persona 2: Innocent Sin is a remaster of the PS1 version and the version people outside of Japan could finally play... though there was some censorship, mostly due to changes regarding the CERO ratings board in Japan.
Replace all the WAV files with OGG vorbis files.
Like the PlayStation version, there's a debug menu that is invisible but still works. This contains event viewers, dungeon viewers, sound tests, and more.
USA code: _C1 Opening Movie = Debug Menu _L 0x20017DE0 0E21080F
There's an option in the debug mode to view every dungeon in the game. However, trying to view most maps will crash the game except for the DLC maps and one map from going down the river.
CPU and GPU Meter
Apply the below code to enable a debug CPU and GPU meter.
USA code: _C1 Enable CPU & GPU Meter _L 0x204A2770 00000001
|This page or section has one or more broken YouTube links. |
Please find an archived version of the video(s) or a suitable replacement.
There's two unused items meant to allow the entire party to absorb single physical or magical attack for one turn. Attempting to use either of them will crash the game, though.
There's unused contact line text for the unused boss called Devil Joker boss in TM_EVE.BNP:
Devil Joker: I return all to nothing!
Unused text for the conversation that takes place before the battle commences can be found in F_BE.BNP:
Devil Joker: I am the mirror that reflects you puppets... I exist to return all to naught. And I shall begin with you. Eikichi: What the hell's going on!? Maya: Jun-kun, please stop! I'm begging you! Ginko: Can we not save him anymore, Chinyan!? Tatsuya: ......
There's unused text for the CD shop lady in Giga Macho in CD_SHOP.BIN:
Oh, this message shouldn't show up.
Contact Kanada Message
If using the debug mode to visit Trish healing fountain and attempting to leave, you'll get a message that was used for developers/game testers.
There is an unused boss fight against Devil Joker, a boss that would go unused and despite that get an English voice-over.
The code for the event that leads up to the boss fight itself would softlock the game at certain parts, and was therefore slightly altered at those few parts with Angel Joker's event. As such, it might not be perfectly accurate to how it was meant to be; everything starting from the boss battle itself is unaltered.
- The American and European versions never got the dungeon creator and DLC quests from the Japanese version, so they can only play two DLC quests that already come with the game itself.
- Many text changes that aren't in the Japanese version.
- Anna smoking a cigarette in Club Zodiac is removed in all versions of the PSP remaster.
- Direct mentions of homosexual nature are removed, although implications of these are not.
- All references to Nazis were censored and renamed. This includes:
- Hitler was renamed to Führer (which translates from German to "leader"), now wears a pair of sunglasses, and had his Nazi uniform covered by a coat.
- All Swastikas were removed and replaced with a different symbol.
- Nazis were completely replaced in the game's script to just mention the Last Battalion organization.
While neither Atlus nor the game's developers have commented on the reason, the most accurate speculation is that these changes were made both to prepare for an American/European localization, as well as the CERO ratings board having a rule in which they prohibit the use of historical, real-life people and organizations in fictional media.