|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
Jack Bros. is the first-ever localized title from the Megami Tensei series, although with the usual NoA censorship (Jack the Ripper was renamed Jack Skelton, among other story changes). Unfortunately, it was on a doomed platform, which meant no more localizations...for a while.
In the Japanese version, a sound test can be accessed with the following button combination with the left D-Pad, on the title screen: Up, Up, Up, Down, Down, Down, Down.
It is dummied out in the US version, as the function associated at address 0x1218 doesn't detect the language byte at 0x0004 as 0x00 (Japanese mode). There are patches to re-enable it, albeit with untranslated entries.
Entering the following combinations with the D-Pad on any retail version will enable a Full Map View mode, a map viewer:
- Enable: Up, Left, Down, Right
- Disable: Up, Right, Down, Left
The address 0x0000 has been set to 0x00, disabling the debugging features in all regions. It can be re-enabled with the debug patch below. Entering the following on the title screen with the left D-Pad will enable some of these features:
- Floor Select Menu - Level Select. Press Right, Right, Right, Right, Right, Right, Right, Left, Right, Right, Right, Right, Right, Right, Right to access.
- Muteki Select Menu - Set invincibility on (muteki) or off (ataru). Press Up, Right, Down, Left, Up, Right, Down, Left, Up, Right, Down, Left to access this menu.
- Coordinate Display - Press L+Select during gameplay to display the player's coordinates below the timer.
|Download Jack Bros Debug Patch
File: JackBros-Debug-Patch.zip (1KB) (info)