Also known as: Megami Ibunroku Persona: Be your true mind (JP)
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
The very first game in the Persona series, which would later go on to produce more sequels and become a hit in the west.
Use the following code in city map to display debug menu. Press L1 and R1 to close debug menu.
D00B15C4 000C 800A5438 0000 D00B15C4 1004 800A5438 0001 D00B15C4 2004 800A5438 0002 D00B15C4 4004 800A5438 0003 D00B15C4 8004 800A5438 0004
D00B2C8C 000C 800A61C4 0000 D00B2C8C 1004 800A61C4 0001 D00B2C8C 2004 800A61C4 0002 D00B2C8C 4004 800A61C4 0003 D00B2C8C 8004 800A61C4 0004
Press L1 + Up to display menu info.
Press L1 + Right to display scene change menu.
Press L1 + Down to display sound check.
Toggle BGM On/Off. and Sound effect test.
Press L1 + Left to display map editor.
a lot more, including graphical differences
Revelations: Persona underwent a big number of changes while it was being localised in the United States. A lot of those changes were disliked by fans, though they were later reverted and kept closer to the source material in the PlayStation Portable remake.
In the Japanese version, the first name, last name, and nickname can be entered when the protagonist is named. The American version simply allows the player to add their first name when naming the protagonist.
- The overall difficulty of the game was reduced by lowering the enemy encounter rate and increasing the EXP gained from battles. However, while experience gain was increased to an amount proportional to the decreased random battle rate, money drops were left the same, resulting in a potential shortage of cash.
- The Snow Queen Quest was removed by only allowing the player to commit to the SEBEC chapter. The data is still present in the game disk and it's possible to forcibly activate the quest by making use of cheating codes, but the Quest is untranslated and the game's engine cannot render Japanese characters which show as strange symbols.
- All characters were renamed and several of them had their appearance altered as well.
- Nearly all references to Japan or Japanese culture were cut, with the unusual exception being the shoe lockers and Shinto Shrines in the game.
- The game's currency Yen was changed to dollars.