Proto:Mega Man 8 (PlayStation)
This page details one or more prototype versions of Mega Man 8 (PlayStation).
A lot more stuff and fixing up.
In March 2011, two prototypes of Rockman 8 were leaked onto the internet.
| August 4, 1996 Prototype|
Very early in development, with a large number of differences.
| Prototype 2|
Far more complete, but still missing quite a few details.
| Rockman 8 Trial Version|
The Special Trial Disc, which also has the demo of Mega Man X4.
Note: These features are not available in the Special Trial Disc.
- Hold L2 to slow the game down.
- Hold R2 to temporarily freeze the game.
- Hold L1 + L2 + R1 + R2 + Start to reset the game.
- Hold X + Circle for "free movement", allowing you to drag Mega Man anywhere on the map.
- On Controller 2, press Up and Down to increase or decrease the energy in the health bar.
Get a rip of the track played in unused/inaccessible stages.
The first two prototypes listed above have a very different soundtrack. The only song that made the final cut was for the Mid-Bosses.
Ice Stage (Frost Man)
It should also be noted that the Ice Stage/Frost Man music was also used in Prototype 2 as filler music.