Proto:Mega Man X8
This page details one or more prototype versions of Mega Man X8.
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
A Trial Version of Mega Man X8 was included in the PlayStation 2 version of Mega Man X: Command Mission.
The demo only contains the first stage, ending after defeating the boss, but several graphics from later parts of the game are present on the disc, including textures of the three navigators and bosses like Bamboo Pandamonium and Earthrock Trilobyte.
The stage select screen had Signas in the background.
The stage select mugshots and stage pictures are still in development, and some have provisional names:
- Kani (crab) - Crabs-Y
- Niwatori (chicken) - Burn Rooster
- Ari (ant) - Gravity Antonion
- Sanyouchuu (trilobite) - Earthrock Trilobyte
- 00 - OP stage (Opening stage, Noah's Park)
- 01 - Cyber stage (Troia Base)
- 02 - Kaiten stage (Rotation stage, Primrose)
- 03 - Sennyuu stage (Infiltration stage, Pitch Black)
- 04 - Toshi stage (City stage, Dynasty)
- 05 - Agari Sagari stage (Rise and Fall stage, Drop Dead/Inferno)
- 06 - Chaser stage (Ride Chaser stage, Central White)
- 07 - Giant robo stage (Metal Valley)
- 08 - R. Armor stage (Ride Armor stage, Booster Forest)
- 09 - Kidou elevator stage (Orbital elevator stage, Jakob)
- 10 - Sigma copy stage (Gateway)
- 11 - Sigma stage (Sigma Palace)
- Black Zero
- Armor X
The Lab. The prototype lab is near identical to the one in Central Tower's Hunter Base in Mega Man X: Command Mission, but gained a "new" appearance in the final.
The few tracks that exist in the prototype have largely the same compositions as those featured in the final, but some of the instruments, notably the electric guitar chords, sound slightly different.
| Stage Begin
A track which isn't present in the final game at all, but also seems to miss the cut in the prototype as well! It sounds particularly similar to the "Ranking" theme used upon completing a level in the final. The actual Ranking theme is used on the "Thank you for playing" screen in the proto, however, rendering this track redundant.