If you've blocked our ad, please consider unblocking it.
We promise it isn't annoying. No flash, no sound, ever.
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
|Final Fantasy IV: The After Years|
Also known as: Final Fantasy IV: The After Years - Tsuki no Kikan
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
Has a bunch of stuff left over from Final Fantasy IV Advance, new unused abilities, and text strings from the Nintendo DS remake of the original.
Originally designed for Japanese cell phones as Final Fantasy IV the After: Tsuki no Kikan, Final Fantasy IV: The After Years is a sequel that retreads every single plot point from the original game, except worse.
It was ported to WiiWare in painfully expensive episodic form, then given a high-res upgrade for the PSP as Final Fantasy IV Complete, featuring the original game and a brief, pointless bonus chapter linking the two called Final Fantasy IV -Interlude-.
All of the items in Final Fantasy IV Advance are implemented to some extent in this game, even if they aren't actually used in After Years. This includes all the bonus dungeon items, key items, equipment, and so on. There are also a few dummied-out items that were originally intended for this game.
- Amulet of Memories: "A necklace packed with memories"
- Bloody Spear: "A spear smeared with blood"
- Crystal: "A crystal that gives off a holy light"
- Dark Matter: N/A
- Dirty Water: "Black and dirty water"
- Doll: "A cute doll"
- Earth Crystal: "A crystal that brings the blessing of the land"
- Firewood: "Wood that can be used to start a fire"
- Honey: "Loved by bees"
- Iron Lump: "Used with Throw"
- Key: "A small door key"
- Luca's Necklace: "A necklace belonging to Luca."
- Lugae's Key: "A key belonging to Dr. Lugae"
- Magma Stone: "A stone filled with the power of magma"
- Old Man Doll: "A not so cute doll"
- Pure Water: "Clear, cool, pure water"
- Ramuh Staff: "A lightning staff handed down by Ramuh"
- Rat Tail: "A rat tail, the proof of a hero" - mentioned in the start of Ceodore's Tale as being the Knight's Emblem, but never added to the inventory
- Ring of Memories: "A ring packed with memories"
- Shiva Crystal: "An ice crystal handed down by Shiva."
- Siren: "Automatically sends player into a battle."
- Small Fail: "A small fail?" - Presumably supposed to be similar to the Small Tale, in that it'd suck and have a similar name to the Small Tail.
- Smell Tail: "A smell tail" - See above.
- Summon Book: "Randomly calls an Eidolon"
- Sylph Feather: "A translucent feather from a Sylph"
- Torch: "A burning torch"
- Whisperweed: "A mysterious weed that carries distant sounds" - a key element in Edward's Tale, but never as an actual inventory item.
- Pig's Bamboo Sword: "Removed from this title" - 158 attack, +99% accuracy, inflicts Pig status, equippable by Cecil, Ceodore, Kain and Golbez. If the Developer's Room is any indication, pigs were kind of a in-joke among the developers. This is the Piggy's Stick from Final Fantasy IV Advance.
- Tokita Sword: "*DEBUG ITEM* Can slice through any protection" - 255 attack, +15 to all stats, equippable by everybody. Named after producer Takashi Tokita.
- Akiyama Armor: "*DEBUG ITEM* Blocks any kind of attack" - 255 defence, +15 to all stats, equippable by everybody. Named after director Toshio Akiyama.
- Debug Ring: "*DEBUG ITEM* A very convenient ring" - 205 defence, max stats, double EXP, disables damage limit on equipper, equippable by everybody.