|This game was never completed and/or given a public release.|
As a result of this, keep in mind that the developers might have used or deleted some of the content featured here, had the game actually reached store shelves.
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
The NES SimCity was in development alongside the SNES version, progressing far enough to be shown off in a playable form at the Winter 1991 Consumer Electronics Show. It was cancelled soon afterward in favor of focusing on the SNES version and was thought to be lost forever until a prototype cartridge surfaced at the 2017 Portland Retro Gaming Expo, which was dumped a year later.
More unused graphics, sounds, and other things. Sources: 1, 2, 3
A small debug mode can be activated by performing the following steps during gameplay:
- Open any message window (disasters, hints, information, etc.).
- Press and hold any combination of all four D-Pad buttons on Controllers 1 and 2 (e.g. Up + Left on Controller 1 and Down + Right on Controller 2) as well as A + B on Controller 2.
- Release all of the above buttons.
- Press and hold the same D-Pad buttons on Controllers 1 and 2 (e.g. Right on Controller 1 and Right on Controller 2).
- Press any other D-Pad button on Controller 1.
- Press A or B on Controller 1 to exit the window.
If done correctly, the message "I AM GODI WISH YOU HAPPY" will scroll across the top of the screen, and the following effects will be available:
- All construction is free.
- All buildings and zones can be built on top of each other.
Four unused animations for Dr. Wright exist in the ROM. All four were used in the SNES version.
|The Sim series|
|Mac OS Classic||SimCity • SimCity 2000 • SimCity 3000|
|Windows||SimCity 2000 • SimCity 3000 (Unlimited) • SimCity 4|
|Nintendo 64||SimCity 2000|
|Nintendo DS||SimCity DS|
|Linux||SimCity 3000 Unlimited|
|Windows||The Sims • The Sims 2 • The Sims 3 • The Sims 4|
The Sims: Life Stories
|GameCube||The Sims • The Sims: Bustin' Out • The Sims 2|
|Game Boy Advance||The Sims 2|
|PlayStation 2||The Sims 2 • The Sims 2: Pets • The Sims 2: Castaway|
|Xbox||The Sims 2|
|PlayStation Portable||The Sims 2|
|Wii||The Sims 2: Castaway • The Sims 3|
|Nintendo DS||The Sims 2 • The Sims 2: Castaway • The Sims 3|
|iOS||The Sims FreePlay|
|Android||The Sims FreePlay|
|Nintendo DS||MySims • MySims Kingdom • MySims Agents|
|Wii||MySims Kingdom • MySims Racing • MySims Agents • MySims SkyHeroes|
|PlayStation 3||MySims SkyHeroes|
|Xbox 360||MySims SkyHeroes|
|Mac OS Classic||SimAnt|
|SNES||SimEarth: The Living Planet • SimAnt|