The Sims 3 (Windows)
|The Sims 3|
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
The Sims 3 is the sequel to The Sims 2, now with 100% more DLC shenanigans.
- 1 Removed Traits
- 2 Testing Cheat
- 3 Anti-Piracy
- 4 Unused Graphics
There are several unused traits in the game. Some were merged with existing traits, while others are unused because they would have possibly caused the game to receive a higher ESRB rating. The unused traits are:
- Easily Bored
- Good at Massages
- Quick Recovery
- Sweet Talker
Also unused is "Shy", but this would be later used in the The Sims 3: Late Night expansion, albeit with a different icon.
As in The Sims 2, you can access several debugging features by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + C during gameplay and typing "testingcheatsenabled true" into the command box.
Control-click on any moodlet in the moodlet panel to eliminate it. If it's motive-related, the offending motive will be filled completely.
In addition, if you entered the cheat on the Load/New Game menu, then you can Control-click the area between the chest and the points in the Lifetime Happiness meter to add 500 lifetime happiness.
The following cheats can only be used once testingcheats are enabled.
ageuptonpc: Makes any toddlers who grow up to be children NPCs in the household.
familyfunds HOUSEHOLD ######: Set the amount of Simoleons of the family. For example, familyfunds TCRF 32767 will set the TCRF family's total funds to $32767, even if they had more. To use it on a household with a space on their surname, the surname must be typed with quotation marks, i.e. familyfunds "TC RF" 32767.
maptags on/off: Toggles map tags. No longer needed after patch 1.7, since it's now a normal option in the options menu. It still works, though.
discotags on/off: Toggles map tags changing color and blinking. Fun!
playsounds on/off: Toggle all audio.
recordvideo small/medium/large low/moderate/high/max: Start recording a video with the specified settings.
speed 0-8: Changes game speed. 0 is normal, 8 is the slowest possible.
buydebug on/off: Unlocks a Buy Mode slot with many unbuyable, event and debug objects.
Object Debug Menus
These are accessed by Shift-clicking on a specific object.
- Make All Happy: Removes most negative moodlets, maximises needs and generally maxes out your mood.
- Make Friends For Me:
- Make Needs Static/Dynamic: Toggles needs decay.
- Make Me Know Everone:
- Force Visitor: Forces someone to show up.
- Force NPC: Force an NPC to show up.
- Set Career: Set the current Sim's career to the specified path, branch and rank.
- Force Opportunity: Seems to only force work-related opportunities. No skill-related opportunities seem to come up.
- Force Event:
- Force All Events:
All Community Lots and Neighbour's Houses
(Requires Ambitions Expansion)
- Spawn Job: Only available for Sims employed in Professions or the Medical Career. Also depends on the Profession or Career.
- Teleport: Zap your Sim over to this tile.
- Build/Buy on this lot: Added in the 1.7 patch.
- Trigger Age Transition:
- Add To Active Household/Family:
- Favorite Music: Added in the 1.7 patch. Options for favorite color and food do not exist, strangely.
Current Active Sim
- Modify Traits for Active Sim:
- Trigger Age Transition:
- Add to Household:
- Object/Delete It: Added in the 1.7 patch.
You can raise or lower your Sim's current motive, relationship and profession progress (in Ambitions) by just clicking and dragging on the bar.
Two weeks before The Sims 3 was released, it was leaked onto the internet. If you start a leaked copy of The Sims 3, the game launcher will notify you that the copy of the game is unauthorized, and you will not be able to access "The Sims 3 Store" or download the free neighborhoods.
A placeholder graphic featuring a panda with some humorous text on it.