The Sims 4
|The Sims 4|
Also known as: Les Sims 4 (FR), Die Sims 4 (DE), Los Sims 4 (ES), De Sims 4 (NL)
This game has a prerelease article
|This game is receiving new content, by way of Expansion Packs and/or Downloadable Content.|
Be aware that any unused content you find may become used in the future. If this does happen, please specify as such!
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
The Sims 4 is the fourth mainline entry in the iconic The Sims series, releasing with with simplified gameplay and missing features compared to previous games. The game suffered from starting development as an always-online multiplayer game (not unlike a certain other game in the Sims franchise). It is infamous for its rapidly growing tower of paid DLC that blots out the sun, and may well reach it in the nigh future.
The console version, which is nearly identical to the PC version, came out four years after the initial PC release. The base game was made free-to-play on all platforms on October 18, 2022, with anyone who purchased the game being given a limited window to snatch up an extremely beige DLC for free.
If the game detects that it is pirated (in versions of the game before it was made free-to-play), then after a Sim performs an action that induces the "mosaic censor" effect (showering, using the toilet, etc.), the mosaic will permanently expand to the entire screen, eventually turning the game into a nearly-unplayable pixelated mess.
Inaccessible Lot Traits
The following traits exist within the game's code with proper descriptions but are inaccessible:
- Cheap: Rent is cheaper than average for this Apartment.
- Low Deposit: The deposit for this apartment is suspiciously low...
- Pricey: Rent is higher than average for this Apartment.
If hacked in, only the Pricey trait has any effect, indefinitely granting a Happy moodlet bonus to Sims called "Only the Finest."
Use the cheat console (Press CTRL+SHIFT+C on PC, or hit all four shoulder triggers simultaneously on console) to enter these cheats...
Check which of these cheats works on console
Smoke Test Cheats
These cheats were used to help the game run by itself without any human intervention, so developers could just leave their machines on overnight and still find bugs while sleeping.
- households.autopay_bills - Automatically pay bills.
- ui.dialog.auto_respond - Automatically responds to any dialog boxes with "Cancel". If Cancel is unavailable, it picks something at random.
These were used to stress-test the engine during development. Simply put, they summon in random Sims that perform the role of services.
- soak.enable_soak_handyman_situation - Enable a Handyman
- soak.create_soak_handyman_situation - Call a Handyman
- soak.enable_soak_maid_situation - Enable a Maid
- soak.create_soak_maid_situation - Call a Maid
- soak.enable_soak_party_situation - Enable a Party
- soak.create_soak_party_situation - Call a Party
Enter in bb.showhiddenobjects into the cheat console. Now, enter the word "debug" into the search filter in Build or Buy mode to view and buy all unbuyable objects, ranging from forks to fishing ponds.
As with every Sims game since the second, there is a Testing Cheat that enables more advanced debug features. Press CTRL+SHIFT+C and enter testingcheats on to enable these features...
These commands will appear if you hold SHIFT and click one of the following...
- Teleport Here: Warps your currently-selected Sim direct to that tile. Only works on tiles Sims can move around on, naturally.
- Add to Family: Self-explanatory.
- Cheat Motive > Disable Need Decay: Stops motives from decaying. Never poop again!
- Cheat Motive > Enable Need Decay: Resumes motive decay.
- Cheat Motive > Make Happy: Sets all motives to full and puts the Sim in a happy mood.
- Modify in CAS: Pulls the Sim into the editor.
- Reset Object: Revert the object to its default state.
- Make Dirty: Self-explanatory.
- Make Clean: Self-explanatory.
These cheats are unlocked by enabling testing cheats:
- cas.fulleditmode - Enable editing existing Sims using the full, unlocked Create A Sim editor.
Do the rest!
|Patch 0-81||Patch 82-present|
In 2019, the game (and the Sims franchise as a whole) received a brand refresh, which included a new logo and Plumbob design, among other things. The splash screen and some menus were changed to accommodate this.
But wait, there's more! This desrves its own page due to the sheer number of changes this game got between 2014 and now. This video will help you edit